The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Sherwood freshers sports

Hey guys, I couldn't be arsed looking for another thread for next year's freshers in Sherwood hall, so thought I'd make one of my own. Basically I'm the guy who'll be organising all the male sporting teams for Sherwood next year (and a girls football team if there's enough interest) so I thought I'd see if I could gauge the sort of numbers we're going to be looking at for each sport. There's football, rugby, hockey, and cricket leagues for definate, and I'm trying to find out about things like basketball, girls football etc. There's a different sports sec. for the girls who'll be dealing with netball, rounders etc, but if any girls want any info feel free to ask me. The only team we had this last year was football, and although we had a really good team, and won the cup, I definately want to get more than one sport going next year.
Any freshers going into Sherwood and with any interest in getting involved in hall sport (or uni sport, one of our football team originally got in a uni team but then switched to halls because of the better atmosphere...) feel free to ask me any questions. Cheers
Reply 1
Am i the only person who seems to be allocated accommodation in Sherwood :s-smilie: . Although as a very active persons who loves most sports this thread sounds good
btw can anyone give me any info on sherwood ( positives + negatives)
thanks
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
is it true that everyone who is playing in a team gets £2000? :smile:
Reply 3
UAG
is it true that everyone who is playing in a team gets £2000? :smile:

no, where the hell did you hear that?
alex-hs
no, where the hell did you hear that?

Sports Participation Scholarships
These Scholarships are new for 2007 and are open to students commencing their course at the University of Nottingham in September 2007. Please see the eligibility criteria below. There will be a maximum of four awards of £2000, for entry year only.

Who is eligible for the Scholarship?
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
Candidates must be registered on the first year of a first full-time undergraduate course at The University of Nottingham.
Candidates must have 'home' status for UK student funding purposes.
Candidates must have had their household income assessed by the Local Authority (LA) for student funding purposes. (Candidates and their sponsor/s, usually their parent/s, must have completed Section 13 on the PN1 student funding form to allow the University to see the household income level as assessed by the LA).
Candidates must have completed their secondary education in a state funded school or college and be entering University straight from that school or college (aged 18-19).
Candidates will be an active playing member (at any level of ability) of a University club dedicated to team sports (with preference given to hockey and cricket) OR have been a playing member of a recognised club whilst studying for A levels (or equivalent).
AND/OR
Candidates should demonstrate an interest in and contribution to the non-playing aspects of the sport, through umpiring/refereeing, coaching or administration.
AND/OR
Candidates should either have contributed to or have plans to extend their contribution to sport in the Community.
Application forms can be downloaded from this link or can be requested by telephone at 0115 951 3710 or email [email protected]

Closing date for applications is 31st October 2007.

I just wanted to know whether it is for everyone or only for the best of the best
Reply 5
UAG
I just wanted to know whether it is for everyone or only for the best of the best

Note the bold type:
Sports Participation Scholarships
These Scholarships are new for 2007 and are open to students commencing their course at the University of Nottingham in September 2007. Please see the eligibility criteria below. There will be a maximum of four awards of £2000, for entry year only.

Who is eligible for the Scholarship?
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
Candidates must be registered on the first year of a first full-time undergraduate course at The University of Nottingham.
Candidates must have 'home' status for UK student funding purposes.
Candidates must have had their household income assessed by the Local Authority (LA) for student funding purposes. (Candidates and their sponsor/s, usually their parent/s, must have completed Section 13 on the PN1 student funding form to allow the University to see the household income level as assessed by the LA).
Candidates must have completed their secondary education in a state funded school or college and be entering University straight from that school or college (aged 18-19).
Candidates will be an active playing member (at any level of ability) of a University club dedicated to team sports (with preference given to hockey and cricket) OR have been a playing member of a recognised club whilst studying for A levels (or equivalent).
AND/OR
Candidates should demonstrate an interest in and contribution to the non-playing aspects of the sport, through umpiring/refereeing, coaching or administration.
AND/OR
Candidates should either have contributed to or have plans to extend their contribution to sport in the Community.
Application forms can be downloaded from this link or can be requested by telephone at 0115 951 3710 or email [email protected]
alex-hs
Note the bold type:

Hehe I thought that meant that one person can get maximum 8000 per year :biggrin:
Reply 7
I have confirmed my place in Sherwood next year. I play football and rugby but might not be able to play for the first few months because I've just had knee surgery.
Reply 8
miniman
I have confirmed my place in Sherwood next year. I play football and rugby but might not be able to play for the first few months because I've just had knee surgery.

WOW i first person i have seen to also be in sherwood
Reply 9
Don't worry bout bein injured, just come along when your all healed up and we'll see about bringin you in as a sub sorta thing. We had a lad played in the cup final this year who didn't play at all until after xmas, so it's not like we get a team and then don't let anyone else in

Latest

Trending

Trending