The Student Room Group

Are gcse papers marked by more than 1 examiner

As we know, examiners make mistakes, so I was wondering if our papers will be re-marked so the second examiner can spot the mistakes of the first one?
As far as I know, they're marked by one and then checked to see if the marks are correct, otherwise false marking gets re-marked by another examiner.

I think that's why it takes until August to get our results.
I think all marked by one examiner then a few from each examiner sent off to be checked, wish they were all marked by several examiners though! My maths teacher was talking to me about it (she marks some exam papers) and was saying how some examiners could have a bad day or be over tired or something and potentially mean you loose a mark which doesn't seem to fair?
Original post by princesshan
I think all marked by one examiner then a few from each examiner sent off to be checked, wish they were all marked by several examiners though! My maths teacher was talking to me about it (she marks some exam papers) and was saying how some examiners could have a bad day or be over tired or something and potentially mean you loose a mark which doesn't seem to fair?

i think they are all sent to be moderated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending