The Student Room Group

very urgent-help required

whats a good online help site for issues such as school? whereby I can discuss my options and what I want to do, kind of like how u meet up with a progression councillor or guidance and u talk about the future but jus online pls its rlly needed (to be based in London/UK and free as well pls!!! its v v v urgent
Reply 1
are you not in a UK school? Careers/Connexions advisor and other students are usually good for discussing with. Why does it need to be online?
Reply 2
Original post by Nayzar
are you not in a UK school? Careers/Connexions advisor and other students are usually good for discussing with. Why does it need to be online?

this sounds stupid but im too scared to meet up with my progression councillors in school, I am based in a London school but I want to know if there are online help sites for this sort of thing before I resort to asking my college
Reply 3
http://www.careersadviceforparents.org/p/going-to-university.html
i have a document with advice on american universities if u want that as well?
Reply 5

thank u so much, do u think u can help me with something else regarding my future as well pls?
what do you need help with? Can you share why you can't ask your school?
Reply 7
Original post by shahdukhh
thank u so much, do u think u can help me with something else regarding my future as well pls?

Sure
Reply 8
Original post by cheshiremum
what do you need help with? Can you share why you can't ask your school?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4109043

if u read this then you will understand why I need help, if u can help or if u know anybody else on here or an online site that could help me pls do share, its so urgent and I want to know if its not too late to try and turn my life around
Reply 9
Original post by Nayzar
Sure

can u pls read what I wrote there, if u could try to help me answer that or if u know somebody on here who could answer that or direct me to somebody online for advice on future after skl etc to help me pls do share, its urgent as I want to know if i'll be able to change my life around
what u need help with?
whats a good online help site for issues such as school? whereby I can discuss my options and what I want to do, kind of like how u meet up with a progression councillor or guidance and u talk about the future but jus online pls its rlly needed (to be based in London/UK and free as well pls!!! its v v v urgent

You can talk to us; I'm pretty sure we can offer you just as good advice, even with experience with some of the subjects you might be considering to take.

What do you want to do?
Which subjects do you want to take (at GCSE level, A level, give us info)?
Do you dislike any of them? Which ones do you find difficult?

We can just as easily do it for you; just give us something to work with okay. :smile:

can u pls read what I wrote there, if u could try to help me answer that or if u know somebody on here who could answer that or direct me to somebody online for advice on future after skl etc to help me pls do share, its urgent as I want to know if i'll be able to change my life around

Hey there Shahdukhh, I 'hear' your anguish and fear.
I know this is easier said than done, however, try to breathe. Take 4 really deep breaths and sit straight up on your computer chair. Next, make a list of the things that you are GOOD at, then the things you ENJOY, then the things that you are half-way comfortable with.
Once you have isolated the thing you are good at and love doing, then see if there are any jobs in that area and then google what the study requirements are for it.
This way you will have a base as to what it is you REALLY enjoy doing and if it is something that can earn you a source of income. Next step, see if there are any internships in the field that you have an interest and just get in touch with them. You never know.
As far as school is concerned, you will have to take the step and discuss this with your parents/guardians/ school council....BUT not before you TRULY know what you want to do. I hope this helps a little. All the best.
~MimiK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending