The Student Room Group

GCSE Question - NEED HELP!

I have got an A in Italian, that I did which was an early GCSE, Teacher told me it counts as a GCSE Grade. Then I did this OCR ICT thing and I've got a Distinction* on that, which again teacher said that counts as a GCSE grade. Then I did early IGCSE for language and I got a C for that. So that's already 3 GCSE's right? so I would need 2 more GCSE grades to pass my GCSE? Isn't 5 GCSE grades to pass the whole GCSE?
Original post by jjj99
I have got an A in Italian, that I did which was an early GCSE, Teacher told me it counts as a GCSE Grade. Then I did this OCR ICT thing and I've got a Distinction* on that, which again teacher said that counts as a GCSE grade. Then I did early IGCSE for language and I got a C for that. So that's already 3 GCSE's right? so I would need 2 more GCSE grades to pass my GCSE? Isn't 5 GCSE grades to pass the whole GCSE?

Your OCR IT 'thing' is not a GCSE, it's a GCSE equivalent and so I'm not sure if it counts (even though I have one, I'm still not sure what it is haha)

It is generally accepted that getting 5*-C is what you need to get to advance to further education (i.e. college/sixth form, etc), but obviously the more the better.

Quick Reply

Latest