The Student Room Group

Can I change my majors in first year?

Hello everyone.

I would be starting my law course from this September. However I'm bit itchy about the subject. It's not that I don't like law, it's just it appears bit 'boring' and its too hard to qualify as a lawyer.

I always had a very strong passion for international relations. The subject is something which I would completely love to study. I may even go on for doctorate in this subject.

So what i want to know is following -

1) Can I change my majors from Law to International Relations in first year of my course?

2) if I graduate with undergrad Law degree (LLB), can I go for masters in International Relations? From what I heard that one cannot go for masters with an LLB. It should have been BA. Not sure if it is true though. :smile:

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Ibii97
Hello everyone.

I would be starting my law course from this September. However I'm bit itchy about the subject. It's not that I don't like law, it's just it appears bit 'boring' and its too hard to qualify as a lawyer.

I always had a very strong passion for international relations. The subject is something which I would completely love to study. I may even go on for doctorate in this subject.

So what i want to know is following -

1) Can I change my majors from Law to International Relations in first year of my course?

2) if I graduate with undergrad Law degree (LLB), can I go for masters in International Relations? From what I heard that one cannot go for masters with an LLB. It should have been BA. Not sure if it is true though. :smile:

Thankyou :smile:

I'm surprised no one got to this already. Where are you from? As I've noticed the word 'majors'.

You cannot switch from law to international relations. You must stop your law course and start all over again with an international relations course.

Also, you can get a masters with an LLB. And it can be in international relations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending