The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Geography A - 24th May 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flyingfish3000
I had no idea what that question was on about, it was only 2 marks though? I ended up making something up about how some people believe humans aren't responsible for climate change because it happens anyway whereas others believe we should be reducing our greenhouse emissions to reduce climate change... I'm not sure if that's what it meant though but it was only 2 marks so lets hope the rest of it was okay

I hope that I got an A but after re-thinking my answers I'm not sure that'll be the case..
Reply 61
Original post by flyingfish3000
I had no idea what that question was on about, it was only 2 marks though? I ended up making something up about how some people believe humans aren't responsible for climate change because it happens anyway whereas others believe we should be reducing our greenhouse emissions to reduce climate change... I'm not sure if that's what it meant though but it was only 2 marks so lets hope the rest of it was okay

We actually went over this question just before the exam. I said that some people don't believe in climate change because it's fluctuated since the last ice age. I think you could've said just an argument for or against climate change
Original post by Soph00
We actually went over this question just before the exam. I said that some people don't believe in climate change because it's fluctuated since the last ice age. I think you could've said just an argument for or against climate change
yea that's what I thought because it was only two marks after all but I wasn't sure exactly what they wanted to I tried hedging my bets by talking a lot
Original post by U-GradeStudent
I hope that I got an A but after re-thinking my answers I'm not sure that'll be the case..
Hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries, plus there's always coursework which may bring up the grade a little
For the 9 marker did everyone just state how they managed things and the good and bad things about their management?
Original post by Annaperdy
For the 9 marker did everyone just state how they managed things and the good and bad things about their management?

I literally wrote nothing... All I wrote was texaco gave 40 million to clean up and they set up a biological reserve and that in papa New Guinea they set up ecotourism. I had no idea!
What did you guys write for the setttlement in the first question? and what about the X,Y,Z? oh and the question about the transport patterns from the map? I think I lost all 4 marks on that one...
(edited 7 years ago)
Can someone remember the exact wording of the final question? Thanks:biggrin:
Reply 68
Original post by SunnysideSea
Can someone remember the exact wording of the final question? Thanks:biggrin:

Examine contrasting methods of managing rainforests in which recourses are extracted.

not exactly but it was 100% examining contrasting managements of rainforests
The distance i measured was 2.6
Settlement X: view point
Settlement Y: Car park
Settlement Z: Caravan site
The attitude to climate could be anything personal, Local, national or international
i wrote about car sharing and reducing carbon emmisions
Original post by rukayya_me
The attitude to climate could be anything personal, Local, national or international

I got very similar answers to you which makes me feel a little better!! Thanks :biggrin: (I got 2.5 for the distance but I'm sure there'll be a tolerance :wink:)
I got 2.5 as well but there was a slight bend in road so i wrote 2.6 just in case 😊
Reply 72
What was the Census 3 mark answer?
Reply 73
Census could be outdated as people may be born/have died between when the census is done and when the data is collected and presented. Well idk I guessed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74

But car sharing and reducing carbon emissions isnt an attitude?
By attitude I figured they said a response because changing your "behaviour". Behaviour can be changed by the decreased dependency on cars for travelling
Original post by BigManDR
But car sharing and reducing carbon emissions isnt an attitude?
Reply 76
By attitude I figured they said a response because changing your "behaviour". Behaviour can be changed by the decreased dependency on cars for travelling

ahh fair enough
Reply 77
Hey! The answers have been great so far... What about for the question that asked why the settlement was on a particular site?

Posted from TSR Mobile
did literally everyone here do the questions I didn't do..

I did coastal environments, hazardous environments (and that for field work), econ activity and energy, urban environments (and that for field work), development and human welfare
Reply 79
Original post by CalCon05
Census could be outdated as people may be born/have died between when the census is done and when the data is collected and presented. Well idk I guessed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending