The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
These are the main areas i am revising- Homicide, Theft Act, Offences against a person act, ALL defences, Inchoate Offences, Criminal Damage and Strict Liability.

Revise all of the above and ul be fine for the exam
Inchoate offences... knew I'd forgotten something *gets out text book*
Reply 3
Lol! mate im absolutly brickinggg it! im so scared that one of my weak topics like Consipiracy or Insanity comes up then im just totally buggered!
Reply 4
Im thinking dimished responsibility/provocation criminal law 1
insanity/automatism for CL2 with a theft/burglary/robbery problem

I hope so anyway.

Hows everyone coping with revision?

I dont know how to do last minute revision....
Reply 5
PaulaTwouble
Inchoate offences... knew I'd forgotten something *gets out text book*

which ones are they :rolleyes: :eek:
PROBLEM!!! How the hell does necessity fit in with the spec...whats the deal; there hasnt been an essay Q on any of the papers i have got goin bk to 2003. does that mean they won't ask one on it or that it is really likely to come up because it hasn't before? really confuzzled (maybe you have to include it with duress...i really don't know please help:confused: )

p.s. i really think insanity or automatism likely to come up, duress and consent came up in jan x
Reply 7
cherrystudent
PROBLEM!!! How the hell does necessity fit in with the spec...whats the deal; there hasnt been an essay Q on any of the papers i have got goin bk to 2003. does that mean they won't ask one on it or that it is really likely to come up because it hasn't before? really confuzzled (maybe you have to include it with duress...i really don't know please help:confused: )

p.s. i really think insanity or automatism likely to come up, duress and consent came up in jan x

Necessity can come up in duress, its not a huge topic so you should revise it.

Does anyone fancy testing eachother over msn?
Reply 8
Can burgulary or robbery come up in the scenario question?
Reply 9
yes they can
I think burglary and robbery are the most likely to come up in the problem question (the scenario).

In dreading these exams :frown:
Reply 11
I think that theres a reli high change of Offences Against a Person to come up as a scenario, and automatism, strict liability as a question homicide and theft will also be a deffo question
Reply 12
I am overly nervous about the law exam too. MSN and the internet are such distractions!!

Good luck everyone!
Anyone know any good sites for questions to try out?

OCR website doesnt seem to have any for criminal law 2 unless I just dont know how to navigate it.
Reply 14
Anyone else think that this is one biatch of a subject to revise for?

I do History and everyone goes on about how hard/academic it is... But I really don't think it is compared to OCR A2 crim Law!
Reply 15
Woop!
Can burgulary or robbery come up in the scenario question?

Lol.. YES! Revise these now!
Reply 16
:frown:

I feel like crying now.

If Insanity doesn't come up.... I think i'll faint.
Reply 17
I've pretty much learnt all these in detail:
Murder and defences
Assault, ABH, GBH
Strict Liability
Duress
Automatism
Manslaughter
Intoxication
Burglary/Robbery

All the OATPA offences seem pretty common in scenarios, as well as transferred malice and intoxication.
Constructive manslaughter also seems pretty common in relation to drug-offences.
Reply 18
jamiepurdy
I've pretty much learnt all these in detail:
Murder and defences
Assault, ABH, GBH
Strict Liability
Duress
Automatism
Manslaughter
Intoxication
Burglary/Robbery

All the OATPA offences seem pretty common in scenarios, as well as transferred malice and intoxication.
Constructive manslaughter also seems pretty common in relation to drug-offences.

What about the rest of Crim Law 1?

What would you do if you got a choice between Recklessness and omissons, for example?

Grrr. Too much to learn.
I have the advantage of having sat CL1 already and having a reasonable C so even if i do crap in the resit for it I have an average grade.

Im struggling just taking in CL2 lol. I really feel for those who have to do well in both.

Latest