The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography OCR B SDME Predictions??? Also help

Hi do any of you know what it will be on??? rivers or coasts?

Also, Does anyone know how to gain high marks on the 16 marker?

THANKS
No clue, just learn everything in your revision guide! Also on the 16 marker just mention local, national and global impacts and social, economic, environmental and possibly political if you can.
I've never even seen an SDME paper so I'm winging it all ):
Reply 2
You don't need case studies for the SDME, but it may help with your background knowledge. For the 16 marker, my teacher recommends you constantly link back to:
-Place name (That way you make sure you are answering relevant points and staying on track)
-Social, Economic, Environmental
-The Resources: Use data from the resources and actually mention in your answer what resource you have referred to (..as shown in resource 3..)

I think the last SDME on Rivers & Coasts was on Rivers so hopefully this time it will be coasts!
Original post by alyxgower
No clue, just learn everything in your revision guide! Also on the 16 marker just mention local, national and global impacts and social, economic, environmental and possibly political if you can.
I've never even seen an SDME paper so I'm winging it all ):

ahh thanks yeah same, we did a practise one in class which never got marked... good luck!!

Original post by GB14
You don't need case studies for the SDME, but it may help with your background knowledge. For the 16 marker, my teacher recommends you constantly link back to:
-Place name (That way you make sure you are answering relevant points and staying on track)
-Social, Economic, Environmental
-The Resources: Use data from the resources and actually mention in your answer what resource you have referred to (..as shown in resource 3..)

I think the last SDME on Rivers & Coasts was on Rivers so hopefully this time it will be coasts!

Ah thanks alot, im hoping its on coasts too!
Reply 4
it should be on rivers and coast and to get full marks on the case study you have to show relevant knowledge, place names ect.
and 7 points and 1 or more opposing points.
It can be either river or coasts. Previous paper was on coasts so most likely to be rivers this time. Also, if you have the CGP guide you really only need pages 12,13,24 and 25. Throughout the entire paper make sure to use the term SUSTAINABILITY. Split it into social, environment and economic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey how do you think the Sdme exam went i did it but im not feeling very confident on it

Quick Reply

Latest