The Student Room Group

I can't move on from him.

Here goes again....

As from my previous threads you probably all know I'm in love with someone who doesn't feel the same and he has said this to me.

A year and so on has gone by and I've missed him everyday. I've tried everything to win him over (which only made me look desperate so why would he ever take an interest ever again). I've heard the whole "move on, he isnt worth your time" bullcrap over and over again.

I've tried meeting new people, new hobbies, new outlook on life but the pain doesn't go away. I just don't understand how he was crazy about me before and then suddenly I'm nothing. He was genuine and I did trust that, bearing in mind I have awful trust issues.

It was the first time I felt like I was special to someone. They said "good morning" and asked about my opinion on certain topics. (he talked about his culture a lot and I thought that was so sweet :smile:

Now after asking for a second chance and trying to move on (believe me I've tried) nothing has worked and he's still there. I've gone past the crying everyday, sleepless nights and stomach pain phase which was really hard and has left a pretty big hole in my heart. Now I just miss him and everything I do and dream of doing.. I wish he were here with me and I would be there for him too.

All I wanted was to see where friendship could take us but not trying to force it. I've given up on love and being alone is OK for me. Please people of TSR don't convince me otherwise. I am nothing to him and I will need to accept that.

What do I do because I am lost and losing the will to live? *cries*

Scroll to see replies

Heyo, I'm no pro at relationships/dealing with breakups but just find a distraction method, I had a cool little game called 'osu!'I played about music and it zoned me from the topic.

Just find a coping mechanicsm and roll with it.

Best of luck.
You're a "gamerchic", finding new people should surely be easy even if it means having to spend lots of time playing WoW or something
Breakups are hard, and there's no set time that you can just get over someone. You have to take each day as it comes.
If you think it's a major problem, seek therapy, otherwise know it's a normal grieving process to go through.
Reply 4
It takes a year to grieve? That's how long it has been and frustrating at that too. AND WE DIDN'T BREAK UP FYI. nothing ever happened.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gamerchic
It takes a year to grieve? That's how long it has been and frustrating at that too. AND WE DIDN'T BREAK UP FYI. nothing ever happened.

I used the term break-up because the situation is kinda similar, the point being you're no longer with someone you're in love/infatuated with.

Anyway, it really depends on the individual.
No it's not similar. You're illogical and stupid.

"no longer with someone you're in love/infatuated with" .... that would mean actually being with them, I WASN'T. Get it? Got it? Good.

why bother coming here looking for advice when you're going to be so rude to people who give it? :rolleyes:

"no longer with someone you're in love/infatuated with" .... that would mean actually being with them, I WASN'T. Get it? Got it? Good.

With an attitude like that, no wonder he ran for the hills. If you don't appreciate the advice I'm trying to give you, that's fine, but it's completely unnecessary to get overly-defensive and rude about it.

It's not "illogical and stupid". I used the term break up loosely to indicate you were no longer together in any capacity, that is all.

You saw each-other briefly, going by your past threads. Again, there's no need to take everything as literal. Regardless, you're still heavily infatuated with him. You're also needy and desperate and clingy and need to leave the guy alone. I also suggest you seek counselling as that is the one thing you claim not to have tried yet, and it might do you a world of good.

I honestly don't understand what you want us to say. There's been good advice and you're being flippant about it.
Reply 9
I'm so sorry to hear that you feel like this, break-ups and moving on can be such a hard and draining time.

I don't really know what to say other than at some point it will become a little bit easier and everyday it will become easier until one day you will realise that you've moved on and you don't need to dwell on this anymore.

It took me a VERY long time to get over somebody about a year and a half, I sort of went through the same thing as you although i was still very good friends with this guy and saw him everyday at college and hung around with him which was hard. But eventually i just sort of got over it, i dont even know how, just one day become easy and i didnt feel like that anymore.

Things will get better and easier, it might not be tomorrow, a month, even a year but eventually it will. You've got to remind yourself that so many amazing things in your life havent happened yet and you have those to look forward to. Hope it gets better love x

Similar concept tbh. At the end of the day, you're infatuated with someone you aren't with.

And there's no need to be so rude about it. He's trying to give you decent advice and you're being immature about it.
Reply 11
I live in London, there are no hills here.

Infatuated? Thanks for telling me how I feel. Yawn.

Get off my threads and don't reply ever again. I don't appreciate your advice.
Reply 12
Original post by JS31294
I'm so sorry to hear that you feel like this, break-ups and moving on can be such a hard and draining time.

I don't really know what to say other than at some point it will become a little bit easier and everyday it will become easier until one day you will realise that you've moved on and you don't need to dwell on this anymore.

It took me a VERY long time to get over somebody about a year and a half, I sort of went through the same thing as you although i was still very good friends with this guy and saw him everyday at college and hung around with him which was hard. But eventually i just sort of got over it, i dont even know how, just one day become easy and i didnt feel like that anymore.

Things will get better and easier, it might not be tomorrow, a month, even a year but eventually it will. You've got to remind yourself that so many amazing things in your life havent happened yet and you have those to look forward to. Hope it gets better love x

Thank you

Yup, I can see why he wanted nothing to do with you. :smile:
I understand she was rude to you at first, but there is no need to assume anything.

Tbh you should shoot him a text explaining how you feel one last time, and if he says no, you got to move on.
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
I understand she was rude to you at first, but there is no need to assume anything.

Tbh you should shoot him a text explaining how you feel one last time, and if he says no, you got to move on.

Personally I think it speaks volumes about her character if she's being unnecessarily rude to someone she doesn't agree with. She's picked apart everything I've said when others are in agreement it's sound advice.
Reply 16
Thank you

You're very welcome love :smile:
you are so rude no wonder he doesn't like you and don't ask for help if your'e going to act like a piece of ****

You are a complete and utter psycho.
these people honestly want to reply to you to give advice
It is really arrogant and selfish to throw it back at them
you are just turning your anger on us

Latest