The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lmao it seems he got incredibly lucky, if you're this butthurt over someone giving advice I can't imagine what a nightmare you'd be to have an actual disagreement with. Grow up.
Reply 21
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
I understand she was rude to you at first, but there is no need to assume anything.

Tbh you should shoot him a text explaining how you feel one last time, and if he says no, you got to move on.

Exactly haha, first he assumes I'm infatuated with him and then it's all break-up stuff.

It's really simple to understand that there was no break-up so the context in which he used it was wrong and then he starts making his own definition of what a break-up is.
Original post by gamerchic
Exactly haha, first he assumes I'm infatuated with him and then it's all break-up stuff.

It's really simple to understand that there was no break-up so the context in which he used it was wrong and then he starts making his own definition of what a break-up is.

@LastMinReviseGuy is quite correct that I shouldn't make assumptions based on how very little I know of you. The funny thing is, you're not responding to the posters who have also pointed out your poor attitude. Unlike yourself, I can admit when I'm in the wrong and hold myself accountable for my actions/behavior. The question is; can you?

So tell me, what are you with this guy if not infatuated? "In love"? One's opinion of love varies, and mine is that love takes time to blossom. Welcome to the internet, where individuals have different opinions to your own. Again, if you're not happy with what I have to say then that is perfectly fine, but there is still no need to be rude about it. As for the use of the word break-up; I clarified by saying I used the term loosely, I never said that was the definition of it.

Here's a new suggestion for you; stop being pedantic and listen to what myself and others have to say. Self-awareness is an integral part to our lives, and I don't think you've analysed your behaviors. If you had, you would know that excessively contacting this person is extremely unhealthy. Likewise, seeking a therapist/counselor will help you become more knowledgeable about your behavioral patterns. At the end of the day you wish to overcome this trauma and move on with your life, and we are trying to help you deal with this.

One last thing; there is a lot of selfishness and cruelty in this world. You will come across many people over the years and the vast majority of them will not given a single damn about you. That is the harsh reality of this thing we call life. When random strangers such as myself make an active effort to encourage and support others in need, you should feel appreciative of that assistance whether or not you feel it benefits and/or you agree with it. I don't claim to know everything nor am I educated enough to consider what I have to say as fact or based on scientific/psychological evidence, but I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea of how relationships work and how to deal with separation from a loved one based on experience. When I see people like yourself hurting then I want to reach out and help you as much as possible, because I've been there and it hurts and it is soul-destroying. You would do well to see past the use of a few words (which are open to interpretation) and read in-between the lines; people want to help you and are willing to listen.

EDIT:

Re-posting the statements of other people in this thread. It might help you wake up a bit and perhaps understand yourself better. After all this, believe it or not, I hold no ill-will towards you and I will endeavor to continue to help you when/if I see you require assistance.
Original post by preetg97
why bother coming here looking for advice when you're going to be so rude to people who give it? :rolleyes:
Original post by Namita Gurung
I honestly don't understand what you want us to say. There's been good advice and you're being flippant about it.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Similar concept tbh. At the end of the day, you're infatuated with someone you aren't with.And there's no need to be so rude about it. He's trying to give you decent advice and you're being immature about it.
Original post by AverageN3RD
you are so rude no wonder he doesn't like you and don't ask for help if your'e going to act like a piece of ****
Original post by MotorboatMyGoat
You are a complete and utter psycho.
Original post by AverageN3RD
these people honestly want to reply to you to give adviceIt is really arrogant and selfish to throw it back at themyou are just turning your anger on us
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
Lmao it seems he got incredibly lucky, if you're this butthurt over someone giving advice I can't imagine what a nightmare you'd be to have an actual disagreement with. Grow up.
(edited 7 years ago)
@gamerchic - it might seem harsh but it's a needed wake-up call. The quicker you realise, the quicker you can move on. Staying in this phase is just going to hurt you and the person you 'love' if they find out.
Unfortunately for you, I have a right to post wherever I have access to, so basically...No.
Please f*** off.

If you don't want to listen to advice then you should seriously consider what you told to do.
Reply 26
Time is the greatest healer.
@Everyone

Spoiler

Why is everyone getting so mad?
Mrs Sheldon, i'm sorry to say this, but you're not helping. If you want them to end the dispute you have to either cater to both sides, or take a secluded stance on the matter. It's not helping when you group against one person, even if they're in the wrong.

Here goes again....

As from my previous threads you probably all know I'm in love with someone who doesn't feel the same and he has said this to me.

A year and so on has gone by and I've missed him everyday. I've tried everything to win him over (which only made me look desperate so why would he ever take an interest ever again). I've heard the whole "move on, he isnt worth your time" bullcrap over and over again.

I've tried meeting new people, new hobbies, new outlook on life but the pain doesn't go away. I just don't understand how he was crazy about me before and then suddenly I'm nothing. He was genuine and I did trust that, bearing in mind I have awful trust issues.

It was the first time I felt like I was special to someone. They said "good morning" and asked about my opinion on certain topics. (he talked about his culture a lot and I thought that was so sweet :smile:

Now after asking for a second chance and trying to move on (believe me I've tried) nothing has worked and he's still there. I've gone past the crying everyday, sleepless nights and stomach pain phase which was really hard and has left a pretty big hole in my heart. Now I just miss him and everything I do and dream of doing.. I wish he were here with me and I would be there for him too.

All I wanted was to see where friendship could take us but not trying to force it. I've given up on love and being alone is OK for me. Please people of TSR don't convince me otherwise. I am nothing to him and I will need to accept that.

What do I do because I am lost and losing the will to live? *cries*

in the same situation tbh
The further you are away from him the better, from experience it took about a year and a bit after i left but im glad i did.
i personally just think the easiest way to get over him is just to go out with ur friends doing something u enjoy, that should make u feel a bit better :smile:
With all those big words, I have no clue as to what you have just said (I'm serious :biggrin:), but I'll give you rep anyway.

I suggest this thread be closed as users shall be targeting the OP for her Obstinate attitude expressed to the replies of others.
(edited 7 years ago)
lollol

Latest

Trending

Trending