The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Sorry this doesn't help you at all, but what exam does that come under? I am doing all exams on the tudors, and have not been taught anything about that.
Reply 2
tudor rebellions. it isnt a key rebellion, but you can use it to support arguments. it is on that list of dates you get in the exam. i have been told that the poor harvests of 1595 triggered it, and that it was a total failure.

i jsut dont have any idea what actually happened.
Reply 3
Wikipedia is your friend in that case.
Reply 4
nomo
. it is on that list of dates you get in the exam

You get a list of dates in the exam? I'm fairly sure that we don't... What board are you on? You ARE on about A2, right?
Reply 5
good idea.
dont know why i didnt think of that
OCR A2 synoptic exams get a timeline thingie. I was never taught Oxfordshire, but my Access to History book says that it was caused by poor harvests and high taxation due to the war with Spain. There was no noble support, and so the rebellion was easily crushed.
Reply 7
Bit late so sorry.
Buuuut...
A tiny plot to beseige the Lord Lieutenant's house in Ditchley to get armamants and march on London to demand changed to poor laws and acts on tillage. BUT only 4 random artisans turned up, hung around for a couple of hours. They got arrested, tried in London and executed. Poor sods. xxx
Reply 8
And its relevance is the severity with which Elizabeth dealt with it...and the fact that the leading rebels managed to get only FOUR supporters is demonstrative of the change in attitude over the period- i.e, nobles AND lower orders became less rebellious.

Latest