The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Defraction
So, dragons exist? Hmmm..

I urge you to look into Ancient Roman, Indian, and Babylonian artefacts and stories about how their leaders like Alexander the great himself fought and killed dragons, St george killed dragons, In Iraq Nebuccanezzer had dragons decorated all around his castle, that is still there to this day and in-fact lots of references to ancient dragons in China and it's celebrations today.
Reply 41
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
They were written by people who knew nothing about the existence of dinosaurs.

Nonsense.
Here I thought the Bible & Quran were written by dinosaurs?!??
WHy would the bible or quran need to mention dinosaurs? It doesn't prove that they were once there if they were written about. It's a matter of fact. Just like anything put into the bible or quran - no one knows whether it's real or fake but dinosaurs were proven to be here, using investigations of fossils, etc.
Original post by cdaniels2011
WHy would the bible or quran need to mention dinosaurs? It doesn't prove that they were once there if they were written about. It's a matter of fact. Just like anything put into the bible or quran - no one knows whether it's real or fake but dinosaurs were proven to be here, using investigations of fossils, etc.

If Evolution holds absolutely true and man evolved from apes. Then surely, there will be half-man/half-ape species roaming the earth, since they are on the evolutionary road to becoming homo-sapiens.
Original post by Listers
Job 41:19 clearly talks about Leviathan being a fire breathing dragon which was written 4,000 years ago, Ofcourse God exists.

You, uh...

You do realise there weren't any fire-breathing dinosaurs, right?
Original post by Wired_1800
If Evolution holds absolutely true and man evolved from apes. Then surely, there will be half-man/half-ape species roaming the earth, since they are on the evolutionary road to becoming homo-sapiens.

There were, and then they became us.

You should also probably realise that the concept of a half-human/half-ape creature doesn't make a lot of sense. Taxonomically, we human beings are apes - just really weird hairless ones that like to live in houses.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rsoane101
The order of creation according to Genesis is exactly like the order of creation according to Darwin, however Genesis is understandably less detailed.

The order, but not the time scale, unless we're talking about a metaphorical seven days.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
There were, and then they became us.

You should also probably realise that the concept of a half-human/half-ape creature doesn't make a lot of sense. Taxonomically, we human beings are apes - just really weird hairless ones that like to live in houses.

My point is that, since evolution is a constant process, then there will be distinctly different variety of Apes. However, we have Ape -> Nothing -> Man. Why aren't there middle species on the planet?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
The order, but not the time scale, unless we're talking about a metaphorical seven days.

No not tiomescale by any means - its like Genesis was inspired into the 7 stages of creation. But still when there was no concept of evolution to correctly and accurately describe the the order is pretty impressive, and acts as pretty strong evidence for some other being (God) to have inspired him as to what's what
Original post by fatimah9
Their existance is a matter of fact. Islam says nothing on them. It is completely un-important.

Q'uran does say the world was created in 6 days, (7:54) so I'm guessing It's going off of Genesis.
My point is that, since evolution is a constant process, then there will be distinctly different variety of Apes. However, we have Ape -> Nothing -> Man. Why aren't there middle species on the planet?

Because humans killed them all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

Chimpanzees and gorillas are extremely similar to us in many ways. It's hard to quantify what exactly you'd want from a "middle species" and what would make one more than just an ape, but chimpanzees are probably closest. And once again, we are apes ourselves.

The other thing to remember is that even the human species is still evolving. Evolution doesn't have an ending or a goal.

Original post by WhiteBison
Because humans killed them all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

Oh yeah, that's your other answer. The lineage of apes that eventually became us did have other offshoot species, but human beings outcompeted them for the same niches - or, according to some, killed them outright - and they died out.
Original post by Barklimus
Q'uran does say the world was created in 6 days, (7:54) so I'm guessing It's going off of Genesis.

Genesis also says 6 days and the 7th was the day of rest
Original post by Barklimus

That's irrelevent to her post. The creation of Earth /= the creation of man.
Original post by Alien Warrior
???

first of all why do u care and the quran or bible don't need to mention the entire thing they have already enneough clear prof and sign of other things which science recently found out in todays generation
Reply 57

Soo true and why has not even one ape been able to evolve even slightly over such a long period?
Asking the real questions !:biggrin:
Nobody knew about dinosaurs then and I don't see a point to include dinosaurs thought :/