The Student Room Group

Spanish AS AQA 24th May (mark scheme discussion?)

Just wanted to make a post so people can discuss their answers/thoughts on the exams.
I wrote el agua frío instead of el agua fría after doubting myself, so just kicking myself at all the little mistakes.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it was the little mistakes I think, I didn't like the camping section or the one with los anuncios como 'seguro de coche'
Reply 2
Original post by emma.gem17
Yeah it was the little mistakes I think, I didn't like the camping section or the one with los anuncios como 'seguro de coche'

I thought the listening section on the radio adverts was ok... i didnt like the camping holiday or the relationship between Hugo and David. I hate the V,F,N style questions.. sometimes i find they are ambiguous.
Original post by Yasdyxo
I thought the listening section on the radio adverts was ok... i didnt like the camping holiday or the relationship between Hugo and David. I hate the V,F,N style questions.. sometimes i find they are ambiguous.

Yeah I kept changing one of my V's to an N and then changing it back :frown: Surprisingly I thought question 9 wasn't disastrous but the essays were quite difficult. How much did people write?
Reply 4
Original post by emma.gem17
Yeah I kept changing one of my V's to an N and then changing it back :frown: Surprisingly I thought question 9 wasn't disastrous but the essays were quite difficult. How much did people write?

I thought the essays were quite open/nice.. I picked the longer life one and but only wrote just about 4 pages. I see some people on the exemplar page of AQA writing like 2x my amount, so yeah :frown:
I know I've made some silly mistakes but I did think the listening section was quite hard
Original post by Yasdyxo
I thought the essays were quite open/nice.. I picked the longer life one and but only wrote just about 4 pages. I see some people on the exemplar page of AQA writing like 2x my amount, so yeah :frown:

I didn't like the first two essay questions so I went with the one about positive and negative influences of famous people and wrote 5 pages, my teacher told me to include lots of subjunctive in the essay and si clauses with imperfect subjunctive so hopefully I'll be fine for the structure part out of 5. but i'm more worried about the content points since that's out of 20
Reply 7
What did anyone put the if clause for first question on the grammar gap fill? I put "tuviera" but think I may have misread and conjugated it in the wrong form 😞
Original post by harry_tb
What did anyone put the if clause for first question on the grammar gap fill? I put "tuviera" but think I may have misread and conjugated it in the wrong form 😞

It was tuvieran because it was about 'mis padres'
Reply 9
Original post by GeorgeWorthy
It was tuvieran because it was about 'mis padres'

Oh right...well I'm hoping I put it in the plural then and haven't realised😂. Thank you though literally couldn't think what the rest of the sentence was
Original post by Yasdyxo

'only' 4 pages?? how much would you usually write?
Original post by RanSam
How many points did you guys make on the essay? (I did Question 10 - Living longer lives)
I did 18 points for Question 11 (the single life one), I normally can do 10 for and 10 against but I ran out of time and had to do the conclusion.
Reply 12
What did everyone put for the 'poner' one on question 9?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=65123617&postcount=371

Not everything is there sorry, I can add bits in if anyone has better/more answers :smile:

Original post by jleilab
What did everyone put for the 'poner' one on question 9?

pusieron, but ponían should be accepted too apparently
Reply 14
Original post by tinkerbella~
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=65123617&postcount=371

Not everything is there sorry, I can add bits in if anyone has better/more answers :smile:

pusieron, but ponían should be accepted too apparently

Thanks! I put ponío, another silly mistake clearly haha
Original post by jleilab
Thanks! I put ponío, another silly mistake clearly haha

It's just one mark, don't stress :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by maddiemann
'only' 4 pages?? how much would you usually write?

Thats the normal amount I would write... but i mean i see other people write sooo much more
Reply 17
It's just one mark, don't stress :smile:

I've just looked at your unofficial markscheme thing and I'm so relieved, pretty much same as my answers:smile::smile:
Original post by jleilab
I've just looked at your unofficial markscheme thing and I'm so relieved, pretty much same as my answers:smile::smile:

Here's to hoping we're not both completely wrong :lol:
Reply 19
Here's to hoping we're not both completely wrong :lol:

Well let's just say we've both done well, it's good for mi mente until Aug:biggrin:

Quick Reply