The Student Room Group

Is it possible for my friend group on my course to change in 2nd year?

I have a group of people I sit with in lectures. Would it be possible for my friendship group to change?

In seminars I was a bit quiet but that's mainly because I was hungover (I won't be doing this anymore).
Original post by theperformer
I have a group of people I sit with in lectures. Would it be possible for my friendship group to change?

In seminars I was a bit quiet but that's mainly because I was hungover (I won't be doing this anymore).

Definitely. I completely changed who I sat with and made friends with in second year. Good you plan to not getting pissed etc... got to be a bit more serious about everything this year and the next.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Definitely. I completely changed who I sat with and made friends with in second year. Good you plan to not getting pissed etc... got to be a bit more serious about everything this year and the next.

How did you go about changing your friend group in lectures?
How did you go about changing your friend group in lectures?
Just happened... sit next to different people and get chatting
My friend group completely changed as the people I made friends with in the first year didn't take the same modules as I did. Completely normal for this to happen, and my second year group of friends aren't 'better' or 'superior' to my first year group of friends. Just different. :smile:
Hope this puts your mind at ease!

Most definitely! Friendship groups change all the time whilst at university. That's not to say you'll stop talking to them all together but you'll just start to talk to different people and hang out with different people etc.
Why are you so caught up in this?

Does it really matter? Are you that insecure about your friendships at uni?

It shouldn't matter about group changes. If they're your friends then that's all that's really important not if Jenny is not sitting next to Kevin and whatnot. You're not in high school anymore love!

Quick Reply

Latest