The Student Room Group

Official OCR Chemistry A F321 27th May June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Kinda scared the grade boundaries will be really high since it was a pretty simple paper 😰
Reply 21
Did anyone else find that paper harder than past papers? as in it was more writing formulas and equations and it was too simple to the point where you may over complicate it. Hardly any past paper questions popped up e.g. water of crystallization, electrical conductivity etc. I believe I did worst than last year.
what answers did everyone get?
1.20 anyone?
non Liner 104.5
Reply 24
There was the one about which element had the lowest 4th ionisation out of the second and third period but that's about it I think
Original post by K3zz4
I used two test tubes.
Bromine water + calcium iodide (turned purple)
Bromine water + barium chloride (turned orange)

Bromine is not reactive enough to displace chloride ions. Only the first reaction that you wrote can happen.
Reply 26
Original post by johnjims828
Bromine is not reactive enough to displace chloride ions. Only the first reaction that you wrote can happen.

I wrote that :biggrin: my ionic equation was br2 (aq) + 2I- (aq) = 2br- (aq) + i2 (aq) and turns violet
Reply 27
Just about survived but screwed up the simple dot-cross diagram for nitrogen so kicking myself a bit!
can anyone explain what they got for the mass in the last question???
0.120g I got
Reply 30
Most of the question left me with doubt answers, for example "what type of redox reaction is it" or "Write a formula for the acid formed". Some people said it was straight forward other in my school said there were a lot of trick questions. Overall I found it difficult, probably lost 10-11 marks
i feel the same way tbh
Original post by Sparklez10
0.120g I got

same here
Original post by hafiz97
Most of the question left me with doubt answers, for example "what type of redox reaction is it" or "Write a formula for the acid formed". Some people said it was straight forward other in my school said there were a lot of trick questions. Overall I found it difficult, probably lost 10-11 marks

disproportionation reaction where an element is both oxidised and reduced in a redox i thought the paper was quite easy compared to the past papers at most i lost 5 marks
Original post by BrownGuyIrfan
1.20 anyone?
non Liner 104.5

i got 0.120
Original post by Lotty_A
Just about survived but screwed up the simple dot-cross diagram for nitrogen so kicking myself a bit!

i almost did first time through i drew a nitrogen atom on its own lol
one silly mistake i did make though was calling sf6 sulfur fluoride which is probably incorrect
Original post by johnjims828
i got 0.120

AH eyah that's what i meant. It's correct! :smile: Mark schemes on twitter. Got 50/60 :/ Really needed full ums as my f322 as grade was an e xD hopefulyl the resit goes better

Quick Reply

Latest