The Student Room Group

OCR A2 History: Civil Rights America 19th/20th Century - 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marty_marts
there you go :smile:

Oh my god you're a saint! Could you send me some for the other topics too? so Naties, african americans and women
You're the best thank you so much!!!!!!! :smile:
Reply 22
[QUOTE="marty_marts;65383453"]
Original post by Eryka
Omg thank you so much- my teacher is pretty useless and he gives me A's all the time but when I check the mark scheme I'm not doing enough synthesis and judgement. If you could perhaps send me a few essays on any topic just so I can how it's structured it would be great help![/QUOTE

There you go, hope these help

You're honestly a lifesaver
Thank You So Much!!!
Anyone got any good links for native americans over time?
Original post by Hihihi123
Anyone got any good links for native americans over time?

This is quite handy
The exam is 2 hours right not 1 hour and a half?
Original post by stratagems
I recall women and trade unions coming up last year. I think the other one was African Americans.

I agree that Native Americans are going to come up. They've always asked an African Americans question bar once, so it's a tie between women and trade unions for the third question (I think).

True but they might be nasty and just not do African Americans like in June 2012. It could be Natives, Women and Unions. They haven't asked a question on prohibition yet, though it's on the spec so they might ask that if they're feeling...evil.
The exam is 2 hours right not 1 hour and a half?

Yeah it's 2 hrs
Original post by Gradgrind
True but they might be nasty and just not do African Americans like in June 2012. It could be Natives, Women and Unions. They haven't asked a question on prohibition yet, though it's on the spec so they might ask that if they're feeling...evil.

ARGH, I AM NOT PREPARED FOR THAT.
Was going to revise three (AA, NA & TU/women), as by my recollection it was the only one time they didn't ask about AA.

What kind of question would they ask on prohibition do you think?
Has anyone got any predictions on what the Qs may be? So far I think it could be:

Presidency of Nixon and Native Americans
Natives and WWII
Natives and WWI
Women in the Progressive Era (1890-1914/1890-1919/1900-1919)
To what extent did the aims and objectives of women's organisations remain the same
'African Americans contributed nothing to the advancement of their civil rights'
One week!!!

It might not be on prohibition explicitly (though it may be, OCR might be feeling mean) but it might be like:

'To what extent did the aims of women's organisations remain the same during the period 1865-1992?'

or

'How united were women...1865-1992?'/ '"Women were not united..."' Discuss/ etc

In which case one would probs have to include prohibitionist groups like the WCTU/WONPR as well as NAWSA, NOW etc. for the vote
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by stratagems
ARGH, I AM NOT PREPARED FOR THAT.
Was going to revise three (AA, NA & TU/women), as by my recollection it was the only one time they didn't ask about AA.

It'd be horrible I know.

But on the plus side, knowing about AAs and Women helps for union essays
It might not be on prohibition explicitly (though it may be, OCR might be feeling mean) but it might be like:

'To what extent did the aims of women's organisations remain the same during the period 1865-1992?'

or

'How united were women...1865-1992?'/ '"Women were not united..."' Discuss/ etc

In which case one would probs have to include prohibitionist groups like the WCTU/WONPR as well as NAWSA, NOW etc. for the vote

Good god, HOW DO YOU DO THOSE REMAINED THE SAME QUESTIONS??! i hate them and have no idea how you'd approach them- like the one that came up last year for women "the reasons for opposition to gender equality remained the same throughout the period" How the hell do you do that?!!

The only prohibition related question I've seen in the mark scheme was related to women's right but ore-2008 spec, I think.

When I get home this evening, I'll summarise the questions they've asked thus far!

image.jpg

These are questions from Jan 2011 onwards.
Yellow = AA
Pink = women
Blue = labour rights
Orange = NA

Codes:
TP = turning points
Obstacles = a question where they asked if xyz (eg federal govt or divisions withhin women/TU aims hindered CR progress)
Advanced = questions such as the minority group themselves mostly advanced their CR and fed govt advanced CR.
Sig/significance = how significant was xyz

Attachment not found

These are questions from 2008-2011.

Attachment not found

These are from 2002 -2008.
Good god, HOW DO YOU DO THOSE REMAINED THE SAME QUESTIONS??! i hate them and have no idea how you'd approach them- like the one that came up last year for women "the reasons for opposition to gender equality remained the same throughout the period" How the hell do you do that?!!

I would cry, but like the other two horrible questions from last year it won't come up this year.

I hope.
I would cry, but like the other two horrible questions from last year it won't come up this year.

I hope.

you thinking turning point for either women or AA?
Original post by marty_marts
I don't have the paper itself but my teacher gave me the 3 questions that came up.
· ‘The Supreme Court had more influence on the African American struggle for civil rights than any than any other branch of government’ To what extent do you agree with this view of the period from 1865 to 1992?
· Assess the view that trade union and labour rights in the USA changed more significantly in the 1980s than at any other time in the period from 1865 to1992.
· ‘The reasons for opposition to gender equality remained the same throughout the period from 1865 to 1992.’ How far do you agree with this view?

Hope that helps :smile:

Thankyou!
Original post by Eryka
Hey guys have any of you got an practice essays B/A grade?
I need help with my structure in particular synthesis

What topic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending