The Student Room Group

Help Needed

I'm struggling with trying to find the right employment for me. I've graduated with a Masters in International Banking and Finance and I've recently moved to Manchester in an effort to improve my job prospects. I'm hoping to secure an entry level finance role (Credit controller , Finance Assistant, Purchase Ledger Clerk etc) but having limited luck for having no experience. I need suggestions improving my chances of getting a job.

1. If I can't get a job I want to somehow gain experience in the sector but I fear with my working hours being Mon-Fri it would be difficult to gain experience, but is this a viable option for me, if so how best should I approach this?

2. Do I keep going for entry level jobs or should I focus my efforts more on grad schemes?

I'm at wits end with my job hunt,I feel like I'm getting no where
Original post by wiseguy100
I'm struggling with trying to find the right employment for me. I've graduated with a Masters in International Banking and Finance and I've recently moved to Manchester in an effort to improve my job prospects. I'm hoping to secure an entry level finance role (Credit controller , Finance Assistant, Purchase Ledger Clerk etc) but having limited luck for having no experience. I need suggestions improving my chances of getting a job.

1. If I can't get a job I want to somehow gain experience in the sector but I fear with my working hours being Mon-Fri it would be difficult to gain experience, but is this a viable option for me, if so how best should I approach this?

2. Do I keep going for entry level jobs or should I focus my efforts more on grad schemes?

I'm at wits end with my job hunt,I feel like I'm getting no where

You are best to look for work experience and internships, do some research and ask around at financial firms in the area.
Reply 2
Original post by Boreism
You are best to look for work experience and internships, do some research and ask around at financial firms in the area.

If he wants to work in a finance department, there's no need to narrow the search to financial firms. Every company has one!
Original post by M1011
If he wants to work in a finance department, there's no need to narrow the search to financial firms. Every company has one!

This^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why couldn't you be bothered to get experience when you were at university? By not trying to get experience earlier you've put yourself way, way behind the majority of applicants.

And where was your Masters from? Unless it was from a top university it won't put you at an advantage at all. Bachelors + experience > Masters + no experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending