The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SocialStudiesETC
It's no bother haha, it's good to type it out and refresh the knowledge. There are many examples you can use for all of the topics, just make sure they are relevant

This has helped me sooo much ! Thank you :biggrin:
That's great that's of some use!

I have now added The USA topic to the notes, hope it's good last minute revision!

@Ethan100
That's great that's of some use!

I have now added The USA topic to the notes, hope it's good last minute revision!

@Ethan100

Woww dude, you are spoiling me with revision notes hahaha.You just want me to pass with an amazing grade :biggrin:

Thank's so much <3
Original post by Ethan100
Woww dude, you are spoiling me with revision notes hahaha.You just want me to pass with an amazing grade :biggrin:

Thank's so much <3

It's no bother, It's been a good revision cram writing these notes. Are you okay with the Crime and Law unit?
It's no bother, It's been a good revision cram writing these notes. Are you okay with the Crime and Law unit?

Yeah I think Crime in the Law is my strongest point :smile: I find USA the hardest so need to have a look at the notes !
Yeah I think Crime in the Law is my strongest point :smile: I find USA the hardest so need to have a look at the notes !

America will be okay if you put your mind to it, just keep it simple and try not to go off on a tangent to why Donald Trump is secretly being paid by Vladimir Putin to destroy America hahaha. Make sure you look at the government responses, as those are key as use of examples.
Sorry but could you please email your study notes for modern studies to my email address please as my computer won't let me view them on this web page. I would greatly appreciate it and you would genuinely be my saviour. Thanks you
Reply 27
Any expectations of what questions will come up? I'm studying; Democracy in Scotland, Crime and the Law and World issues
America will be okay if you put your mind to it, just keep it simple and try not to go off on a tangent to why Donald Trump is secretly being paid by Vladimir Putin to destroy America hahaha. Make sure you look at the government responses, as those are key as use of examples.

Broooo, how did you find it ? :biggrin:
Broooo, how did you find it ? :biggrin:

I thought it was good but the sources sucked balls, the sources could have been so much better but the paper was very fair, no denying that. How about you? Did the notes help?
Hey, to anyone out there currently doing Modern Studies, I sat it last year and before the exam made up loads of sample answers for The USA, Democracy in Scotland and Crime in the Law. I feel bad as they are just sitting on my computer doing no use to anyone now, so I thought if people wanted to I could upload them to a website? This is the website so let me know if you want them! : modernstudieshelp.simplesite.com
Good luck to everyone sitting Nat 5 Modies this year, I am currently doing Higher and although Nat 5 can be hard you just have to sit down and learn it, plus its SO interesting which make it much easier!!
Reply 31
Do you have any recent examples for the crime and law unit for children's hearing system and other and examples for the USA topic ??
Reply 32
Original post by amydentistry
Hey, to anyone out there currently doing Modern Studies, I sat it last year and before the exam made up loads of sample answers for The USA, Democracy in Scotland and Crime in the Law. I feel bad as they are just sitting on my computer doing no use to anyone now, so I thought if people wanted to I could upload them to a website? This is the website so let me know if you want them! : modernstudieshelp.simplesite.com
Good luck to everyone sitting Nat 5 Modies this year, I am currently doing Higher and although Nat 5 can be hard you just have to sit down and learn it, plus its SO interesting which make it much easier!!

That would be amazing! Where can we get them ?
Original post by nikiS

I had a website but it seems to be down right now, so just private message me what you need and i'll send you anything! Also if you have any questions about anything (assignment etc) I am happy to help! :smile:
Original post by nikiS

Somehow won't let me reply to your message so I will try again tomorrow and if not will find another way :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by amydentistry

I would be do grateful if you could send me the notes for modern stu
Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Here is a forum for the National 5 Modern Studies Exam

Here, pupils can discuss the exam before and after the exam.

I can help on the following topics:

Democracy in Scotland/Britain

Crime and Law

The USA as a World Power

I'm feeling very optimistic as I got full marks in the exam. However, we've just got to revise and do our absolute best :smile: Best of luck!

I have an urgent question. We are doing democracy in Scotland and my teacher hasn't taught us independence and devomax. Should I know this?
Original post by mghanduri
I got full marks too! I was just a bit stressed for time, though.

I think that all we need to revise for the exam is the types of questions and how to answer them.

Can somebody please post the types of questions we will face, and how we should answer it?

did you all learn independence/devomax when doing national 5?
Reply 38
Original post by anonymousebonita
did you all learn independence/devomax when doing national 5?

I spent 6 hours going for a 43 page booklet about Democracy in Scotland and the Scottish Independence was literally a couple sentences. It then talked about Brexit and how it caused a bit of tension between the Scots and England. Also how Nicola Sturgeon said it will likely result in a second Independence referendum.

We did learn about resolved and devolved powers but not devo-max. I extremely doubt there will be a question about either of those, you should probably just be using them as examples for some questions.
Original post by BigManN
I spent 6 hours going for a 43 page booklet about Democracy in Scotland and the Scottish Independence was literally a couple sentences. It then talked about Brexit and how it caused a bit of tension between the Scots and England. Also how Nicola Sturgeon said it will likely result in a second Independence referendum.

We did learn about resolved and devolved powers but not devo-max. I extremely doubt there will be a question about either of those, you should probably just be using them as examples for some questions.

I'm very worried about this exam.

Domt know what to expect.

Latest

Trending

Trending