The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Unit 1 24/05/16

Discussion:
How did everyone find that exam?
Grade boundaries?
Questions (especially descriptive questions)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
So many describe questions.........
Reply 3
I did
RESTLESS EARTH
ICE ON LAND
WATER ON LAND
It was okay, except the fold mountain discuss question was hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Polagra
Discussion:
How did everyone find that exam?
Grade boundaries?
Questions (especially descriptive questions)?

I found it relatively easy- what was the question about describing Athe layout of The Edeen project though? I wrote about how it conforms to the shape of the quarry as it is a restored quarry, but I don't remember theme park layout being on the specification? 😂
Reply 6
for anyone that did water on the land, did you draw a cross section of the meander to make a "labelled plan" or was a sketch of the meander picture in the figure?
Nah you had to label everything visible, and it asked for a plan - bird's eye view
Reply 8
Anyone who done restless earth, what did you put for the last bit on the factfile that asked for the distribution of the plates in south america or something like that, the wording was confusing
Reply 9
Can someone do an unofficial mark scheme???????????????????????
Reply 10
Original post by dch187
for anyone that did water on the land, did you draw a cross section of the meander to make a "labelled plan" or was a sketch of the meander picture in the figure?

I did the same
Reply 11
Original post by abbigm1
Anyone who done restless earth, what did you put for the last bit on the factfile that asked for the distribution of the plates in south america or something like that, the wording was confusing

Volcanoes occur in linear band on west coast of South America
Reply 12
What did people put in Restless Earth on the first question what was name of volcano????????? I got St Helens
Reply 13
Original post by Polagra
What did people put in Restless Earth on the first question what was name of volcano????????? I got St Helens

same
Original post by dch187

I did a sketch, but my friend did both a sketch and a cross section
bruh it was good but I feel like it might have been a little to easy? honestly did not get to proof read anything at the end spent too much time on 8-mark questions. grade boundary predictions anyone?
I did weather and climate, living world and water on the land, and thought I got really lucky on the questions, apart from the weather and climate 8 marker, which I thought was a bit weird...
Reply 17
I don't think the grade boundaries will change much to be honest, it was similar to the 2015 paper and that was 46 for an A* give or take. I think they catch people out with odd wording
Reply 18
Also.... for fold mountains question:

I put that they occur at destructive and collision. Collision due to the two continental plates colliding and material in-between to form fold mountains bilaterally. And at destructive plat boundary unilaterally due to continental being crumpled

What did everyone else put??????
I think that the grade boundaries will be similar to 2014 with only a slight increase with the D-B grade boundaries

A*49
A 43
B 36
C 29
D 23

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending