The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Information on Edinburgh Uni- I was wondering about animation ●3●

I'm only in year 10, but I feel that if I plan forward, it'll give me a goal to work hard towards. I've been interested in animation for a very long while now, and I've been busy looking for universities that might make my dream a reality.

It's hardly likely that someone will see this, but I was wondering if anybody has any views or information about animation courses here. It'd be really helpful, as I am struggling to find info, and every bit of help is greatly appreciated.

I hope you have a great day ●3●

Gail
Hey Gail!
I'm in year 11 and i really want to study animation too so ive been looking into it despite not having done a levels yet lol! High five for being early birds :smile:
But anyway i've looked into how they do it and theres quite a few types of animation degrees ranging from animation, animation and visual effects or more specific degrees like 3d animation or 2d animation and illustration or stop motion degrees. Because i've not really decided what i like i kinda wanted to do a more general degree than specific ones and then focus in on what i prefer during the degree. From looking into it the main unis that stand out are Falmouth, Hertfordshire, Leeds college of art, Ravensbourne and Edinburgh. But from these i think i'll probably end up at falmouth because its where my cousin went and its so pretty as well as i think in the second year you can study abroad or something im not really sure, but yeah! Because theres not really any set animation degree i think you just have to look around at various uni websites and their degree specs, but hopefully thats helped you a bit! :smile:
-Ash <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Thank you SO much ^_^ I'll check those unis out! I hope your exams go well ●3●
No problem :smile: Thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gailthexman
I'm only in year 10, but I feel that if I plan forward, it'll give me a goal to work hard towards. I've been interested in animation for a very long while now, and I've been busy looking for universities that might make my dream a reality.

It's hardly likely that someone will see this, but I was wondering if anybody has any views or information about animation courses here. It'd be really helpful, as I am struggling to find info, and every bit of help is greatly appreciated.

I hope you have a great day ●3●

Gail

Hi Gail,

Its really great you're thinking so far ahead :smile:, I'm an animation student at Ravensbourne and I admire your enthusiasm. I did not know what I wanted to do to begin with, and wanted to take it on as a challenge from foundation course, and then moved on to a degree afterwards. Come check us out if you're interested! Click Me We also have a degree show coming up! Click Here Also

In terms of how you can move yourself forward, you can start considering what type of animation you are interested in :biggrin: It is a very broad topic, can branch from stop-motion to 2D to 3D etc.
Taking a foundation also helped me ease into the uni lifestyle, its basically an extra year for you to explore what type of pathway you are interested in. This is when I first moved into animation. Quite bizarre as I come from a Fine art background, but I really like taking simple ordinary things and adding life to them :smile:

Also consider making visits to universities early! The more you know now the more focus your dream will become!

Wish you the best of luck!

Jay :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending