The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Science B1,C1,P1 May 25th 2016

Is anyone else doing this exam and do you know any topics that might come up?

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find it?
Reply 2
It was really easy imo.
Original post by SamSp123
It was really easy imo.

yess the grade boundaries will be high this year
what was the awnser for her drinking cant remember
Reply 5
7 I think
Reply 6
Easy? Well, I'm screwed.
Reply 7
I got 7 as well, the physics six marker was so hard
Reply 8
For the neurons, was it relay and then response (I heard effector)?
Original post by Ielite
I got 7 as well, the physics six marker was so hard

Agreed - the other 6marks were really nice though
Original post by Denka
For the neurons, was it relay and then response (I heard effector)?

I put effector
Reply 11
For the biology six marker, i talked about injecting anti bodies, the differnet types of immunities and etc, what did you guys put?
the wine she drank was equal to 3 each unit and she drank on multiple night how you work out the awnser to be 7 and what do u think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 13
I'm more disappointed that the things I revised the most were not on the test at all.
It was alright, I still think I flopped though :/ I put injecting an harmless pathogen which triggers an immune response and active immunity
Reply 15
Original post by chris2791
the wine she drank was equal to 3 each unit and she drank on multiple night how you work out the awnser to be 7 and what do u think the grade boundaries will be?

The question asked for the amount that was over the limit which was 14. It was 7 over the limit I think.
Original post by Ielite
For the biology six marker, i talked about injecting anti bodies, the differnet types of immunities and etc, what did you guys put?

I said how you inject pathogens and your white blood cells detect it / antibodies engulf it / memory cells created so u remember. Then passive &active immunity & then graph stuff.
Reply 17
Can't wait for the hell of B2, P2, C2.
Original post by Denka
The question asked for the amount that was over the limit which was 14. It was 7 over the limit I think.

right got 14 not 7 do I still get the mark?
Reply 19
It was ok...
Did anyone get the following: (doing it from the top of my head)
7 units
Dendrites
Relay neurone
Effector
Carbond dioxide catayctic converter question
Microwave
Radio
The one with Oxygen forget which letter (think c) was not an hydrocarbon
Cracking (to match supply with demand)
Insulin travels through blood
Carbohydrates stored as glycogen in liver
Needs more insulin to break down sugar (glucose)
Last question: gap A is bigger than gap B, the wavelengtgs are same lengtg, and waves diffract differently after going through the gap.
For the vaccination 6 marker: about antibodies and anti gens and white blood cells...
Depressants block signals from crossing synapses
On the first page last qiestion about phenotypes wtf? I didnt know what to write. Made bs up.
In the perfume evaporation one wrote about hkw it has weak forces of attraction so kinetic energy can break it easily...
Cant remember anymore
Sorry its a bit scrappy lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending