The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Mechanics 24/5/16 My answers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Daribig
So if the vertical length from x to y is 25 m, then the gpe lost from x to y would be 25*9.81*mass of motorcyclist?

Yep, mass was 190kg, giving 4.66 x10^4 J
Reply 21
Oh great! Haha i thought it was 120 wen trying to recall it. Sure i got it right then thanks
Reply 22
Guys would non uniform acceleration be the same as saying increasing acceleration? Should be right?
Reply 23
Original post by Daribig
Guys would non uniform acceleration be the same as saying increasing acceleration? Should be right?

No - non-uniform could mean decreasing acceleration which is wrong
Reply 24
Original post by Daribig

Depends on the mark scheme this year. Because of the situation, I don't think they'd accept that, as it's not specific enough. That is just 100% speculation though
Reply 25
Ok thanks 8)
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 27
Reckon i got around 48 so hopefully an A will be at 46 ish
Reply 28
thanks a lot! 2 questions, is surface area ok as a component of drag, and is deceleration ok instead of negative acceleration?
Reply 29
Original post by sadych
thanks a lot! 2 questions, is surface area ok as a component of drag, and is deceleration ok instead of negative acceleration?

Strictly speaking surface area is wrong - but might be Ok on mark scheme.
Deceleration will be OK.
I didn't read the question properly for the young modulus question where it asked for each cable and forgot to divide by four, will I only lose 1 mark? :/
Reply 31
Original post by StudyHard123456
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?

48ish for an A I recon
do you need to say through the origin for 6c iii ? i wrote linear region
im guessing around 40-46 because my memory is terrible and some of my answers seem close in explanation but not exact
For 4e i thought as the cyclist leant over the bike his centre of mass moves further away from y so the moment increases and hence x increases?
Reply 35
I put velocity and area of parachutist would i still get the mark?
Original post by olatee
I put velocity and area of parachutist would i still get the mark?

Should do yeah
Is there a potential answer that the force from the driver on the airbag would've caused the airbag to burst, rather than him rebounding?
Are these the answers for the recent 2016 OCR AS physics paper? Please don't bite 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending