The Student Room Group

He still loves me...

Since a young age, I really liked this guy.. he was literally my crush. Lets call this guy Liam.

I had a huge crush on Liam growing up, but it was long distanced. Me and Liam became official in the year 2011 and our relationship was perfect. Butterflies etc.. We were together for 2 years but something happened (parents found out and stopped me from communicating with him). Our way of contacting was facebook and after my mum found out, I didn't delete my facebook.

Long story short, he said he would wait for me and I said I would too. I was depressed for such a long long time, crying everyday and so on. After a year of tears, I decided to check on Liam's online social media like his Facebook. He was happy. Was happy he was happy so it was fine. But then I continued to do this stalkery thing and it was getting to much, he was happy and I was not. He was talking to other girls too. I don't have a problem with him talking to girls or whatever but it seemed like flirting. I tried being ok with it but then I couldn't. I had to stop crying and let go.

After I let go, like a fool I checked on his IG like a few months later. He was suddenly depressed. Posting emo-like, suicidal, pessimistic things like #anxiety #Imissyou...

So like 2 years passed, I let go, moved on and am now with someone else. It is a beautiful relationship. But today, 4 years on.. I decide to check that Facebook account (and btw I am Liam's only friend on facebook). He still messages.. Last time he was online was an hour ago. Every birthday, every Christmas.. he sends a message.

I don't know what to do. I'm just so sad over it because I let go and he didn't. I am with someone else who loves me to bits and I love him too but it isn't the same.

Thoughts? :frown:
oh dear, classic love triangle dilemma here. A♂ who loves B♀ who loves C♂. What does B do? B has to evaluate her decisions wisely...
Classic case of both promise to never let go etc, but one does and the other doesn't. He still loves you, sounds like you may still love him or feelings have come back. You could also just be feeling guilty and sorry for him.
Meanwhile some of us never get loved.........

Just by reading your situation, I'm lost as to what advice I can give you. Personally, I'd check on him, because apparently boys suffer worse from break-ups as it affects them longer than girls.
Ask him how he feels about you and stuff; then as cheesy as it's said Follow your heart.
Sounds like you definitely still have some feelings for that guy or you wouldn't be checking his accounts. I'm confused about a couple of things though. When you were stalking his fb page and he was happy and talking to other girls were you his only friend on fb then too? Was he messaging you and telling you about the other girls or were they fb friends at that time too but now you are his only friend on fb? Is he still messaging you that he loves you? Well, my questions don't really matter. If you have really moved on then you need to stop checking in on him. If he messages you, you need to be clear that you've moved on and are in a committed relationship. You're not being fair to your current relationship if your new bf is competing w/ a ghost from the past and he doesn't even know it. But, if you still have feelings for the original guy and he clearly has feeling for you, then you need to at least discuss it w/ him. Will it still be long distance? Could/would you move to him or him to you? In my opinion you need to decide which way you want to go. Ask yourself if you're checking his accounts etc because you still love him or just the romantic idea of him. If you decide that the new guy is not worth losing then you need to cut contact and stalking of the old relationship. It sounds like your heart is torn and that is not an easy position to be in. Good luck.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Since a young age, I really liked this guy.. he was literally my crush. Lets call this guy Liam.

I had a huge crush on Liam growing up, but it was long distanced. Me and Liam became official in the year 2011 and our relationship was perfect. Butterflies etc.. We were together for 2 years but something happened (parents found out and stopped me from communicating with him). Our way of contacting was facebook and after my mum found out, I didn't delete my facebook.

Long story short, he said he would wait for me and I said I would too. I was depressed for such a long long time, crying everyday and so on. After a year of tears, I decided to check on Liam's online social media like his Facebook. He was happy. Was happy he was happy so it was fine. But then I continued to do this stalkery thing and it was getting to much, he was happy and I was not. He was talking to other girls too. I don't have a problem with him talking to girls or whatever but it seemed like flirting. I tried being ok with it but then I couldn't. I had to stop crying and let go.

After I let go, like a fool I checked on his IG like a few months later. He was suddenly depressed. Posting emo-like, suicidal, pessimistic things like #anxiety #Imissyou...

So like 2 years passed, I let go, moved on and am now with someone else. It is a beautiful relationship. But today, 4 years on.. I decide to check that Facebook account (and btw I am Liam's only friend on facebook). He still messages.. Last time he was online was an hour ago. Every birthday, every Christmas.. he sends a message.

I don't know what to do. I'm just so sad over it because I let go and he didn't. I am with someone else who loves me to bits and I love him too but it isn't the same.

Thoughts? :frown:

Dust yourself and move on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending