The Student Room Group

Going to Thorpe Park Train Prices!!!!!!!

" If you are coming by train, there are regular South West trains that run from Waterloo direct to Staines. There is the 950 shuttle link which operates from Staines station to Thorpe Park and runs every half hour. There are also regular trains that run from Reading and Guildford to Staines Station."

Hi!

This is what the information said I would just like to know how much it is the go from Waterloo to Staines and how much it is to ride the 950 shuttle link :smile:

Thanks all :smile:
Reply 1
Its about £7 for a return on the train. £3 return on the bus.
Reply 2
Are you referring to a return price or a single one way?
Reply 3
Diable Saint
Are you referring to a return price or a single one way?

My prices are return, taken from the trainline and from thorpe parks website regarding the bus.
Reply 4
Diable Saint
" If you are coming by train, there are regular South West trains that run from Waterloo direct to Staines. There is the 950 shuttle link which operates from Staines station to Thorpe Park and runs every half hour. There are also regular trains that run from Reading and Guildford to Staines Station."

Hi!

This is what the information said I would just like to know how much it is the go from Waterloo to Staines and how much it is to ride the 950 shuttle link :smile:

Thanks all :smile:

How are you getting to Waterloo station? If by tube and you're getting a travel card, you can just get an extension on the travel card to get from Waterloo to Staines for a couple of extra quid. It's not that much.

From Staines station to Thorpe Park, I don't know how much the shuttle link is, but I know a bus runs, it costs £1.50 single I think.

Also, how many of you are going? If there's a few, you could just get a cab from Staines station to Thorpe Park - it cost us about 9 quid but we split it between four of us so it was only just over £2 quid each. The cab office is just outside the station, as is the bus stop.
Reply 5
I have a ticket from my area (st.albans to staines) , on it it says 'any route permitted'. I also have one for the way back from staines to st.albans, so does this mean on the way back I could use the ticket go out in say central london and then continue my journey home?
Original post by daanke
I have a ticket from my area (st.albans to staines) , on it it says 'any route permitted'. I also have one for the way back from staines to st.albans, so does this mean on the way back I could use the ticket go out in say central london and then continue my journey home?

Yes. It is assumed that you'll get the tube from Waterloo to St Pancras/Kentish Town to pick the St A train back up, but if you want to go out in town, you can break your journey provided you don't use the tube more than once (your ticket will only be valid for one tube journey).
Reply 7
Original post by rockrunride
Yes. It is assumed that you'll get the tube from Waterloo to St Pancras/Kentish Town to pick the St A train back up, but if you want to go out in town, you can break your journey provided you don't use the tube more than once (your ticket will only be valid for one tube journey).

SO upon catching st.pancras train back to STA.. I could get out at one of the stops, use my ticket to do so and then come back in later using the same ticket, and continue my journey home?
Just to clarify.
Original post by daanke
SO upon catching st.pancras train back to STA.. I could get out at one of the stops, use my ticket to do so and then come back in later using the same ticket, and continue my journey home?
Just to clarify.

You can only make one tube journey on getting into Waterloo. If you want to head out into Central London, I'd advise you walk up from Waterloo.

Quick Reply

Latest