The Student Room Group

want to find an old pc game!

ive been thinking about this game for a while now, and its bugging me i cant find anything on it! i dont remember the name, but im hoping someone else has played it and can help me find it! its fairly old now, but here we go.

graphicly, its on a par with tiberian sun to my memory, dispite being alot lot older, it was extremely well drawn. gameplay was looking down on an isometric map, (3d view with no perspective, made of 2d images) and had hills and stuff in it, it wasnt a flat map. you can choose wether to see resources as well on the map. which simply appear as a coloured square of map with a symbol of ore, or oil, or whatever it may be.

anyway, the games like this. you can choose one of several races to play as, but it only effects a few stats with what you choose. the overall tech is always the same. at the start of the level, you need to choose a landing site for the colony ship, trying to land near useful resources. when you do, you can begin creating new buildings, and transport lorrys to take materials between building work (they may have been cranes even, it was a while ago i last played this) anyway, you can develop for as long as you like, increasing your population size and building bigger and better tech buildings as you go, allowing the ability to make stronger military units... if you need them.

the demo i had was set up like a skirmish, so you could pick who and how many opponents you were against, and usually the main focus was making a civilisation in the first place then wiping them out in time.

Personally i thought it was a really good game, wouldnt mind finding a full version of it. if i can ever find out its name... anyone have any ideas?
Reply 1
sounds like civilisation. probably civi 2?
Reply 2
ditto above
noo, not civilisation. civilisation is starting from practically no technoligy. you already have advanced technoligy in this game, having crash landed a colony ship into the planet. just dont have the means to build any of it at the beginning.
Reply 4
Colonization?

Latest