Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

All aboard the time-travel machine

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

Given the opportunity to travel to the future, what destination would you choose? It can be done on a return ticket or on a single way, where we could do so but had to stay there.

Personally, I'm not sure. Travel 100 years ahead to find out a natural catastrophe has wiped us all out and what do we do with that when back, tell everybody about it? 10 years run the risk of yielding little more than a rather uneventful decade or a change in partners tricky to deal with on return, that there might have been no change of partner but not much to celebrate about it, 50 could give us the chance of visiting our grave, what is the ideal point at which we could put it to good use for our future in real time?

A year or even a single week would work in terms of setting us up for life by collecting data on anything to bet on, Leicester were worth remortgaging the house had we only known where they were headed. Materialistic maybe but this can only be done on a self-interest basis, changing the course of the world at large would be too subjective to discuss. So that's what I'd probably do, other impressions welcome in case I dream about it tonight.

On the one-way ticket basis, could anyone take up that offer? I couldn't but believe there are some who could.

Edit: I Read your post.

Probably after exams, so 25th June

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Edit: I Read your post.

Probably after exams, so 25th June
    Still worth bringing back the Lotto results for in-between...
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.