The Student Room Group

Reapplying for student finance.

Hello,

I have already applied for funding from student finance for the second year of my course. However, If I fail this year then will I be able to change my funding for repeating year 1? To my knowledge, student finance fund you for your course duration plus one extra year, which in my case would be a total of 4 years. My question is though, it will most likely be September when I find out whether I have passed or not because resits are required in August if you don't pass your May/June exams, so will this delay my student finance? And how do I let student finance know that I will need to repeat a year of study.

Thanks for any insight you're able to offer.
Original post by SoftwareEngineer
Hello,

I have already applied for funding from student finance for the second year of my course. However, If I fail this year then will I be able to change my funding for repeating year 1? To my knowledge, student finance fund you for your course duration plus one extra year, which in my case would be a total of 4 years. My question is though, it will most likely be September when I find out whether I have passed or not because resits are required in August if you don't pass your May/June exams, so will this delay my student finance? And how do I let student finance know that I will need to repeat a year of study.

Thanks for any insight you're able to offer.

You should either be able to tell them this using your account (change of circumstances) or ring them up to explain. Your university will also let them know when they put through your details in the Autumn.

It shouldn't cause any delays

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending