The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nowhere near ready had sport exam fri so focused on that i want anxiety, ethical issues with humans plz!!!
Reply 2
right the next 2 days ... is solid psychology revision!! :frown:
Reply 3
I was anxiety and ethics with humans or gender to come up
Reply 4
also, what does everyone think to compare and contrast coming up?
Reply 5
I'm not ready, but I just don't care. Hopefully animal ethics, any of the therapies, I'm not fussed, and approaches are piss easy anyway. Bring it on I say.
Reply 6
i did this exam in jan and did the wrong question so have to resit! i though cognitive behavioural therapies were the same as behavioural...they're not, don't make the same mistake! but yeah i hope the nature/nurture or free will determinism debates come up, but they were on the jan paper so maybe not :s approaches are easy and therapies i don't really mind....
Reply 7
ooo i aint doing the compare and contrast one ... Phew!
Reply 8
Ready....no.
Will i be ready?...*hopes*

I still have Literature exam on Tuesday afternoon that I seriously have to concentrate on tomorrow >.>
Reply 9
good luck ppl :smile:
Reply 10
arrr i hate this subject im completly and uttertly screwed!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 11
hi guys does ne1 know wot questions came up in january 07 for psychopathology (depression/schizophrenia/anxiety disorders) and for issues n debates?
It wud b helpful if u cud let me know...:frown: cut down the amount of revision i gotta do ...cheerz
Reply 12
go onto the thread posted above this one about psychology as iv wrote them a million times now its on there all of them, was depression psychological, gender bias and non-human animals
Reply 13
wud it be wise to not revise non-human at all then? as it has come up 2wice in a row?
Kar
Ready....no.
Will i be ready?...*hopes*

I still have Literature exam on Tuesday afternoon that I seriously have to concentrate on tomorrow >.>

me too which is why im so worried about gettin all the psychology in my head in time for weds :s-smilie:
I've just been going through past papers and looking at what comes up often. Didn't help much, but I know that for the units we done in class, I need to know psychological and biological explanations of schizophrenia and depression in depth as well as OCD, then be able to write up a "discuss" essay answer for Nature-Nurture, Free Will V Determinism and Psychology as a science. We didn't cover everything in class because my teacher said it was unnessesary if we learn specific topics which will come up 100%. What are the average grade boundaries for this paper, I know it is out of 90, so would around 70-80% be an A concidering the supposed difficulty of it?
Reply 16
funkyvee
wud it be wise to not revise non-human at all then? as it has come up 2wice in a row?

it hasnt been up twice in a row
last june was cultural and socially sensitive
Reply 17
Reaper23
I've just been going through past papers and looking at what comes up often. Didn't help much, but I know that for the units we done in class, I need to know psychological and biological explanations of schizophrenia and depression in depth as well as OCD, then be able to write up a "discuss" essay answer for Nature-Nurture, Free Will V Determinism and Psychology as a science. We didn't cover everything in class because my teacher said it was unnessesary if we learn specific topics which will come up 100%. What are the average grade boundaries for this paper, I know it is out of 90, so would around 70-80% be an A concidering the supposed difficulty of it?

The exam ums marks are out of 120 not 90.
actual raw marks are below

Below is a list of all the past 3 exams with the boundaries:
June 2006
PYA4: A-49 B-44 C-39 D-34 E-30 /76
PYA5: A-50 B-45 C-40 D-35 E-30 /94

Jan 2006
PYA4: A-48 B-42 C-36 D-31 E-26 /76
PYA5: A-55 B-48 C-41 D-34 E-28 /94

June 2005
PYA4: A-51 B-46 C-41 D-36 E-31 /76
PYA5: A-57 B-52 C-47 D-42 E-37 /94
Reply 18
ahh im getin nervous now :|
Reply 19
Bring it on! I'm totally ready for this exam. I mean i've been working towards it since January so i'd bloody better be you know? It's the issues question i'm most worried about, but i'm hoping for animals or ethics/socially sensitive.

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Latest