The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

HELP!

Hi

I am studying IT LEVEL 3 BTEC and i got accepted in bu for software engineering and the entry requirements are DMM

my teacher is being evil and saying i only completed 6 units last year when i completed 9

and i am completing 9 distinctions this year so that means my teacher is saying im only doing an IT diploma which is (DM)

what does this mean?

can i still go to uni in september?
Reply 1
It means that instead of the Extended Dip(3 A levels) which requires 18 units you will be getting the Diploma(2 A levels) which only requires 12 units

DMM = ACC
DM = AC

You would need to take another BTEC Subsidiary(1 A level) or just another straight A level at grade Merit/C to meet your offer, also this needs to be accepted by the uni too
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Ceia
Hi

I am studying IT LEVEL 3 BTEC and i got accepted in bu for software engineering and the entry requirements are DMM

my teacher is being evil and saying i only completed 6 units last year when i completed 9

and i am completing 9 distinctions this year so that means my teacher is saying im only doing an IT diploma which is (DM)

what does this mean?

Also if you got 10 distinctions and 2 merits for the 12 units to make up the diploma you would have D*D* not DM and in terms of UCAS points D*D* = 280 and DMM = 280 so there is a chance they could accept you
Original post by Ceia
Hi

what does this mean?

Hi Ceia,

I'm Chris and I am a second year ambassador for BU!

Please contact our support service for prospective students:
[email protected]

Many Thanks

Chris :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by yt7777
It means that instead of the Extended Dip(3 A levels) which requires 18 units you will be getting the Diploma(2 A levels) which only requires 12 units

DMM = ACC
DM = AC

You would need to take another BTEC Subsidiary(1 A level) or just another straight A level at grade Merit/C to meet your offer, also this needs to be accepted by the uni too

I also have level 2 English functional skills and level 2 maths functional skills which i was told was 10 ucas points each so does that help
Reply 5
Original post by yt7777
Also if you got 10 distinctions and 2 merits for the 12 units to make up the diploma you would have D*D* not DM and in terms of UCAS points D*D* = 280 and DMM = 280 so there is a chance they could accept you

and also,

if i did "6" units last year all passes and "9" this year all distinctions what will be my final grade
Reply 6
Level 2 qualifications do not hold UCAS points at all so im not sure where you heard that?

If youre being entered for the Diploma (worth 2 A levels) then they will use your 12 best units so really you only have to do 12 to get the qualification.

On that basis if you had 9 distinctions and 3 passes you would have DD = 240 UCAS points

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending