The Student Room Group

2016 Edexcel C2 Morning exam[discussion thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by HannahC-H
Ah well, pretty sure I can afford to lose one mark

Nvm i used the P value instead of the x value.
I think it was 0.4something
Original post by AlfieClements
Would I lose a mark if I didn't put + C on the integration question? I thought we didn't need it in C2? :frown:

i think you may lose one mark, they did that rather sneakily i think because normally it's part of the area question so you dont need it! But hey, if thats your biggest worry about the whole paper im sure you did great :smile:
Original post by Reda2
Did you guys get for the log question 0.47 or something? And for area of S where integrate with limits to get the area, one limit was 0 and I go 3 as the other limit, what did you guys get?

I got -2.19
Anyone has an idea what the grade boundary will be?? Im losing like 8 marks idk if i can get an A
Reply 164
Original post by medapplicant2016
I got -2.19

same, -2.19, which was correct because i substituted it back into the original equation and got 0. the second answer was log2(0) which is undefined
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by maddywald
i think you may lose one mark, they did that rather sneakily i think because normally it's part of the area question so you dont need it! But hey, if thats your biggest worry about the whole paper im sure you did great :smile:

Thanks a lot!

Yeah from what I've seen from everyone thats the only mark I've dropped. Which is good but annoying in a way since it was silly :smile:
Original post by AlfieClements
Thanks a lot!

Yeah from what I've seen from everyone thats the only mark I've dropped. Which is good but annoying in a way since it was silly :smile:

No problem! I know the feeling though - those lost marks are always the most irritating haha
Reply 167
Original post by Failedexamms
I got the difference between u9 and u10 negative does that matter
yes because you you got a answer which won't be similar to the one in the examiners mark scheme therefore will lose a mark and u9=ar^8
just so you know.
The official FULL mark scheme has been leaked by Edexcel https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0oMWrq-hJTQRmFobUMxbXVaUG8/view?usp=sharing
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 169
Original post by AstarAstarA
The official FULL mark scheme has been leaked by Edexcel https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0oMWrq-hJTQRmFobUMxbXVaUG8/view?usp=sharing

The mark scheme doesn't exist!? Has it been taken down? Damn.
I found C2 much better than c1
Reply 170
Original post by jbaten
yes because you you got a answer which won't be similar to the one in the examiners mark scheme therefore will lose a mark and u9=ar^8
just so you know.

I don't think it should be a problem though. It did say 'difference' which can be a negative answer. It would have been better to take the abs eitherways
Reply 171
for the last question though, how did the 3root3 become a negative number inside the brackets when you had to rearrange to find P?
Original post by HannahC-H
Ah well, pretty sure I can afford to lose one mark

You dont even have to work out a number, you just use the second derivative, and the fact that X>0 so 2000/X^3 must be positive.
Reply 173
tmp_5003-Screenshot_2016-05-26-02-47-151668856244.png
Original post by idied
The mark scheme doesn't exist!? Has it been taken down? Damn.
I found C2 much better than c1
Reply 174
Anyone got a copy of the markscheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending