Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

AP recognition together with IB

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Manchester medical school states that applicants to medicine who hold the International Baccalaureate have to take "Chemistry, plus Biology, Physics or Mathematics, plus one further academic subject. Any sciences not offered at Higher Level (HL) must be taken at Standard Level (SL) or at GCSE; or a referee's statement confirming proficiency at intermediate level in one unexamined science subject is accepted" I'm not sure about the last statement, which says that any sciences not taken at HL must be taken at SL or GCSE. I'll be starting IB next year and for HL I chose Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The coordinator won't let us do more sciences than that. So for me, if I understood the website right, the issue is physics. I'm an EU citizen living outside of the UK, so GCSE or AS-level or A-level are not available to me. However, three weeks ago, I took the AP Physics 1 Exam. Is this a sufficient physics qualification for medicine at your university? Did I understand your requirements correctly? (Just a minor detail: I took AP Biology Exam as well two weeks ago)
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.