The Student Room Group

Working while at Uni

Hi guys,

I was just wondering how others have managed, or are going to manage, balancing their work and study lives as mature students. How many hours have you cut down to, and has it been workable with your uni and study schedule? Was your workplace OK with you studying, or did you have to find a new job altogether?
Original post by twixy
Hi guys,

I was just wondering how others have managed, or are going to manage, balancing their work and study lives as mature students. How many hours have you cut down to, and has it been workable with your uni and study schedule? Was your workplace OK with you studying, or did you have to find a new job altogether?

I'm interested to hear others past experiences too. I'm leaving my current full time job in a couple of weeks in anticipation for summer school (which I have to complete as part of my conditional).

Don't have any solid plans yet but I'm going to try and get a part time job in the local Asda, hopefully doing 15-20 hours a week.

Can anyone recommend any other part-time student job ideas? Preferably those with little or no contact with the general public.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Squire1998
I'm interested to hear others past experiences too. I'm leaving my current full time job in a couple of weeks in anticipation for summer school (which I have to complete as part of my conditional).

Don't have any solid plans yet but I'm going to try and get a part time job in the local Asda, hopefully doing 15-20 hours a week.

Can anyone recommend any other part-time student job ideas? Preferably those with little or no contact with the general public.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Squire,

Good luck with summer school and job hunting :gthumb: Hope you find something suitable!

I am hoping to cut down to 20 hours - I couldn't really afford to go any lower. I just hope it all works out.
Original post by twixy
Hi Squire,

Good luck with summer school and job hunting :gthumb: Hope you find something suitable!

I am hoping to cut down to 20 hours - I couldn't really afford to go any lower. I just hope it all works out.

Thank you, I hope you land on your feet too :smile:. I plan on living like a hermit for the duration of uni. I have zero interest in the 'student life' so just as long as I have money to pay the bills, I should be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest