The Student Room Group

Too much stress with exams and family

I've just started a levels exams and I cant do it anymore. I'm too stressed i feel, and i feel like theres too much going on. My mum has stomach cancer, my sister has schizophrenia, my dad is getting stressed from working so much around the house and trying to support us financially. I feel useless and guilty because i tried so hard for these a levels and I feel like it'll amount to nothing if i dont do well so I try and revise as much as possible.
My mum is losing her hair, throwing up nearly everyday and is constantly tired, and my sister is just stressing her out even more as she's refusing to go to work and refusing to take her pills which is something my mum has to do otherwise she'll just pretend to take them.
I'm just feeling too overwhelmed with the recent exams as well as i feel like they havent gone as well as i'd hoped...
I've considered applying for special consideration for the exams but i just feel so guilt, like I'm using my mum, but i feel so overwhelmed and tired and scared.
I feel like my friends have heard enough about me talk about my life but i cant talk about this to anyone else.
I guess i just needed somewhere to vent too.
Original post by Anonymous
I've just started a levels exams and I cant do it anymore. I'm too stressed i feel, and i feel like theres too much going on. My mum has stomach cancer, my sister has schizophrenia, my dad is getting stressed from working so much around the house and trying to support us financially. I feel useless and guilty because i tried so hard for these a levels and I feel like it'll amount to nothing if i dont do well so I try and revise as much as possible.
My mum is losing her hair, throwing up nearly everyday and is constantly tired, and my sister is just stressing her out even more as she's refusing to go to work and refusing to take her pills which is something my mum has to do otherwise she'll just pretend to take them.
I'm just feeling too overwhelmed with the recent exams as well as i feel like they havent gone as well as i'd hoped...
I've considered applying for special consideration for the exams but i just feel so guilt, like I'm using my mum, but i feel so overwhelmed and tired and scared.
I feel like my friends have heard enough about me talk about my life but i cant talk about this to anyone else.

Honestly I have no idea what you must be going through. I think that you should ask for special consideration because how is it fair that you are competing with the rest of the country whilst dealing with what you are dealing with? I cannot begin to fathom the pain and stress you must be feeling but hold in there. I'm here for you if you want to talk you can always direct message me or something. To be able to carry on is simply incredible. I wish you and your family my best wishes and I'm here, as a friend
Hi there you will certainly get special consideration for your results and for your university offer, having to go through the difficultly of a family member getting a severe illness is overwhelming and both your mother and sister have this, I would suggest you speak to a teacher at school who you trust and ask them to take it up with the exams officer for you
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there, I know the feeling of everything getting on top of you and just feeling overwhelmingly stressed! For me, the best way to destress was to blog about it. I've found its really helped me as ive got to university. Here's a recent post I wrote on how to relax! I hope it helps you, even just a little bit https://adventuringwithlove.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/how-to-relax/
I know you don't want to talk to anyone at college but I think you need to. It's hard but you need someone who knows what your options are to talk you through them and help you make the right choices. I think you should definitely put in an extenuating circumstances claim, it's not 'using' your family's suffering, it's just stating the facts and someone deciding that of course you can't perform the same with everything happening. It might also be worth considering taking some time out and resitting next year if it really is too much, things might be looking different in 12 months... that wouldn't be a failure, it would just mean taking time out so you can do your best. The other thing is that your college might have some support available there for you, in terms of a counsellor etc, which could help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending