The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh crap...For some reason I thought you were supposed to maximise 3x+2y...GRRRRRRR. So easy...I thought x = 7, y = 0, looked odd. :angry:
Reply 21
I thought the paper was alright, but I've done some stupid things. I shaded the wrong bit for the LP question (I'm hoping most of the marks were from the graph.. ie drawing lines correctly etc) and so got the maximised bit wrong.

I completely misunderstood what they were getting at with the rucksacks.. I wrote something about wanting all the spare volume in one bag in case of emergencies, but it was obviously about weight. GAH.

Other mistakes a) Diskstra only got 42 for max.

b) All the questions asking for assessment of the method used. Something about a cable laying company paid per meter for the maximising version of Dijkstra, and when assessment the simulation I said something stupid about needing 3 rules, and not enough repeats :frown:
Reply 22
Oh and I didn't have a clue what they meant by 'schedule' in the sailing question... I wrote out the list of activities in the order they should be done, but no times :frown:
you have to do the ****ing times? Great.
someone89
What did you get for your linear programming, I got y 2.8 and x as 4?

That was part of the answer, but there were 2 points of intersection and the other one maximised the equation. So the actual answer was 0.6 and 6.8- i cant remember which was x and which one was y. Total was 15.4.
Reply 25
HanaanY
you have to do the ****ing times? Great.

I totally didn't even think about putting times.
I just wrote what activity they'd do, one after each other.
:frown: Oh man, and i thought i'd done okay.

I think overall it was a pretty nice paper, some wording was weird but other than that, not too bad.

I got 15.4 for the linear programming too!! Thank the lord.

I got 18 for the Dijkstra's i think :/ 18 for something anyway :p:
Reply 26
Gd also got 15.4, my weather also snowed alot, and i put to make a better imporrovement u start on different types of days, and the critism is that it has more chance to start on other days then others
Reply 27
Was it exactly 15.4? I just remember having a fraction, sounded like that though.
lol i learnt the whole D1 course 3 days before the exam and struggled with some of the past papers, but this was a breeze compared to those
DeadChicken
lol i learnt the whole D1 course 3 days before the exam and struggled with some of the past papers, but this was a breeze compared to those

I learnt it all on saturday and I thought this was hard compared to the past papers :frown:
I got like 90% on the first paper I did after my revision session but I don't think I'll get 90% in this which sucks because I really needed it.
lapsaJ
Was it exactly 15.4? I just remember having a fraction, sounded like that though.

I got 15.4 which can be represented as a fraction too.

On my early-late times I changed my late times at the end, then shortly after handing the paper back in I realised I got it right first time! :rolleyes:
Reply 31
SuperCoolAl
I got 15.4 which can be represented as a fraction too.

On my early-late times I changed my late times at the end, then shortly after handing the paper back in I realised I got it right first time! :rolleyes:

Oh man, i hate when you do that! :frown:

It's such a bummer when you realise. As it isn't like you couldn't do the question, you just worry that it's wrong :frown:

Latest