The Student Room Group

No name on GCSE exam?!

Firstly, I forgot to add my candidate number/centre number. Through the stress of this I am now unsure whether I wrote my name on the exam as I started quickly and didn't even remember to write it. What will happen if there's no name on the exam?
Original post by Asdf12345678
Firstly, I forgot to add my candidate number/centre number. Through the stress of this I am now unsure whether I wrote my name on the exam as I started quickly and didn't even remember to write it. What will happen if there's no name on the exam?

They might try work out who's it was from the school's batch and who should have done the exam.

I was going to say that they have your candidate number and centre number so it's fine, but your invigilators are supposed to check it too before you hand in your paper and send them off. The worst come to situation is they have to go through the names of everyone as the other guy said and then work out who's paper it is. No problems for you so don't worry. Good luck with the rest.

You would get a U (unclassified) but if you're lucky they MIGHT be able to link it up. You NEED to speak to your centre's examinations officer.

Get in touch with your exams office as soon as you can to tell them what's happened. They should check each paper to make sure the details are all there before they send them off, so they should hopefully be able to get your paper back so that you can add the rest of your details.
As they said exam officer contact immediately. If you cnat get through to them then contact the school and just get someone to leave a note. Email and text her as well. It shoul be the first thing you do and last thing you check. To miss both out is unusual. Your exam officer is meant to check, as should the invig when they take it off you as should you, whilst you are waiting to leave. It should be fine though.
Original post by FutureDietitian
You would get a U (unclassified) but if you're lucky they MIGHT be able to link it up. You NEED to speak to your centre's examinations officer.

What if it is one of 3 exams (it was a Physics exam and I have had my biology and chemistry exam) what will happen to the grade?
What if it is one of 3 exams (it was a Physics exam and I have had my biology and chemistry exam) what will happen to the grade?

YOU WILL BE FINE
The exam officer will check. the invigilators shouild have checked. Nothing will happen to your grade. You need to stop worrying over nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest