The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Sociology - Will I be able to pass second year exam with a 40?

I am in my second year of sociology. A module required one assessment and one exam. In the assessment I received a poor mark of 47. Though this is disappointing it is obviously my own fault. If I pass the exam with at least 40, does that mean I have passed the module overall?

Thank you for your time, I understand this may be a silly question.
Original post by AWCaa
I am in my second year of sociology. A module required one assessment and one exam. In the assessment I received a poor mark of 47. Though this is disappointing it is obviously my own fault. If I pass the exam with at least 40, does that mean I have passed the module overall?

Thank you for your time, I understand this may be a silly question.

I believe it is the case for all subjects that in order to pass a module, you need an overall mark of 40% or over in that module. I don't know the weightings of the exam/the assignment in your module but if those are the only two things in it, if you get 40% in your exam, it would average out above 40% so you'd pass. You can actually get below 40% for an exam or a assignment without failing as long as your weighted average for that module is above 40%.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest