The Student Room Group

Latin Verse Set Text - the Aeneid (Tomorrow)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I did Latin GCSE last year and got an A* and also did this exact set text (Is this Nisus and Euryalus?)

I did ever so slightly worse in verse than prose, but one tip is to learn style like the simile or alliteration etc. as majority of questions are linked to that.

I did it the same as you by learning the whole English translation- and did by picking out key words in the latin so I knew which passage it was. If you can do that you're guaranteed a B at worst, since so much is whether you know the translation or not.

I would send you my notes except i'm sure I burnt them... so that's not an option.

From my memory, I doubt the first one about the gate duty will come up since that was our translation... Knowing the general story for 8 marker will help you, as that requires no latin.

Good luck!
To be honest, I'm surprised I'm not panicking more.
It must be due to the fact that I broke down over the Pliny the night before and then the exam ended up being really doable.
I've just got my fingers crossed they'll keep swaying to the first half:smile:
Reply 22
Well hopefully it will be as calm as the prose texts for greek and latin
Reply 23
Any 10 marker predictions?
(edited 7 years ago)
How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by metellaest
How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't like the paper very much, found it harder than the Pliny paper because the questions were difficult to understand, especially the one about the comparisons??

What about you? :smile:
One of the easiest verses ive done! :biggrin: Everyone at my school found it straightforward too, especially the 10 marker.
Original post by pixiefuller
I didn't like the paper very much, found it harder than the Pliny paper because the questions were difficult to understand, especially the one about the comparisons??

What about you? :smile:

I thought it was kind of confusing as well!

I also messed up my vocab in the 10-marker - I got the word for thoughtless and the word for moon the wrong way around. Gahhhh!
Original post by JickDee
One of the easiest verses ive done! :biggrin: Everyone at my school found it straightforward too, especially the 10 marker.

Really? 10-marker was okay - the rest was pushed for time, I thought...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending