The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
How the hell did you get hold of the paper?
I expect to get 72, hopefully an A* with some margin to accommodate for any mistakes in other modules.

how many marks do you think i'll lose since i screwed up the first question where we had to find the distance i think i integrated with limits 3 and 0 and for another question i think only 2 marks i found the wrong angle but i stated the other angle as well.
Original post by Major-fury
how many marks do you think i'll lose since i screwed up the first question where we had to find the distance i think i integrated with limits 3 and 0 and for another question i think only 2 marks i found the wrong angle but i stated the other angle as well.

Max 3.
Original post by oShahpo
Max 3.

so i think i got maybe like 60-65 marks for d1, about 73 for m1 , 75 for fp3, 72 for m2, 91 ums fp1, 70ish for fp2 i think. would this be an a*
Original post by Major-fury
so i think i got maybe like 60-65 marks for d1, about 73 for m1 , 75 for fp3, 72 for m2, 91 ums fp1, 70ish for fp2 i think. would this be an a*

Most certainly
Can someone provide me some insight to what UMS i may have

c3 - 73/75
c4 - 74/75
m2 - 64/75
fp2 - 67/75
fp3 - 75/75
s3 - 70/75
What happens if the method I used isn't on there?
Original post by ninjass
Can someone provide me some insight to what UMS i may have

c3 - 73/75
c4 - 74/75
m2 - 64/75
fp2 - 67/75
fp3 - 75/75
s3 - 70/75

Yup. That someone is the Edexcel examiner once Edexcel is done marking all the papers.
Original post by target21859
What happens if the method I used isn't on there?

If its sensible its fine
Original post by oShahpo
Yup. That someone is the Edexcel examiner once Edexcel is done marking all the papers.

I just wanted an approximate guess lol
Original post by ninjass
I just wanted an approximate guess lol

Well its certainly an A* in maths, and very likely an A* in Further Maths too. That's all I can guess.
Original post by oShahpo
Well its certainly an A* in maths, and very likely an A* in Further Maths too. That's all I can guess.

Oh ok - i can live with that considering i have 98 in s2 already (further maths)
Hope my predictions dont differ too much from the real thing...
For 5a I did M(B) correctly and then resolved horizontally and vertically correctly. I found the correct expression for F but I found R with an F term in it. If I sub F into it it turns out correct but I forgot to do that in the exam. On the mark scheme it has 2 methods but my method isn't on there. I didn't resolve in parallel to the rod like it says in 5a alt where they do moments about B. I did eliminate P from the equations. Surely I can't lose 5 marks because of this. How many marks do you think I would lose? I'm worried cos I didn't do as well as I had hoped on FP2.
Original post by target21859
For 5a I did M(B) correctly and then resolved horizontally and vertically correctly. I found the correct expression for F but I found R with an F term in it. If I sub F into it it turns out correct but I forgot to do that in the exam. On the mark scheme it has 2 methods but my method isn't on there. I didn't resolve in parallel to the rod like it says in 5a alt where they do moments about B. I did eliminate P from the equations. Surely I can't lose 5 marks because of this. How many marks do you think I would lose? I'm worried cos I didn't do as well as I had hoped on FP2.

If it was a matter of substituting something then at max you'd lose 2 imo. And even if your method isn't there, so long as its clear what you've done (and correct, no made up maths etc), then you'll be awarded

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Original post by CALI1198
If it was a matter of substituting something then at max you'd lose 2 imo. And even if your method isn't there, so long as its clear what you've done (and correct, no made up maths etc), then you'll be awarded

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Ah that's good to hear.
:parrot:
Reply 816
49/100 UMS. Turns out I genuinely didn't have a clue what I was doing in this exam 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending