Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

A2 Japanese 10/6/16

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Hi everyone! I was wondering if there were any people on here also taking the A2 Japanese exam on 10th June.

As I'm without a teacher, I've found it quite a challenge getting to know the A2 exam, although I think I'm beginning to memorise a few general points for my two texts Hana and Duke. I'm aiming for an A*, although it's all dependent on nailing those essays really- does anyone have any predictions on what sort of questions we'll have?

Section A isn't usually such an issue, however frustratingly I always encounter at least one question which I'll fall short on! The translation section is also notoriously difficult, so practice is the very least one can do when it's hard to predict just what kind of topics it'll cover.

Not this year, but I will be next year! It seems like everyone does the literature essays - I'm a little scared, since I'm planning on going with Japanese culture + the Japanese year. I'm sure you'll be really really great, though!

I'm doing hana and tokkyo no shina as my main ones. My teacher made us study four though just in case the essay questions for the main ones are nasty, so I'm also doing chuumon ooi no ryouriten, and nazo no seinen.
    I agree with you on the translation. I feel that the most I can really do is cram vocab into my brain like crazy. I hope they go easy on us.
    I'm aiming for an A; an A* is a far-fetched dream for me.
    How are you with kanji?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2016
TSR Support Team
I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.