The Student Room Group

How do you know you've found the one?

How do you know? Do you ever get a tight feeling in your chest? Do you feel really comfortable with them? I've never experienced this before and it feels weird! Any advice? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

They will have a big helpful sign over their head
Reply 2
Original post by Platopus

ha

ha

ha

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by MissOvoxo
How do you know? Do you ever get a tight feeling in your chest? Do you feel really comfortable with them? I've never experienced this before and it feels weird! Any advice? Thanks

I've felt this (so many others too) but then it doesn't work out in real. Then you doubt such things

Posted from TSR Mobile

I d describe it as feeling like you know you want to spend your whole life with them, share everything with them and plan a future together.
Reply 5

My sign was in my trousers.
:colone:
Original post by M14B
My sign was in my trousers.
:colone:

I'm sure I don't know what you mean
Reply 7
I'm sure I don't know what you mean

I did not expect you to.
we have a duty to protect the innocent
:tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by SMEGGGY
I've felt this (so many others too) but then it doesn't work out in real. Then you doubt such things

Posted from TSR Mobile

awwww that's a shame! Hopefully you'll find that person that it all works out with
Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
I d describe it as feeling like you know you want to spend your whole life with them, share everything with them and plan a future together.

Lol okay don't think it's that then maybe I just had heartburn!
Reply 10
When she moves her finger in that way and you just know.

I think it just comes with time, and love. That sounds like infatuation, once you get to know someone better, and spend time with them, things get even better!
This song plays in your head :yes:

Year 7 memories :moon:

LJsVDH-3b3Y
You know you've found the one when you still feel like that after a couple of years :h:
Can't say i've felt it but as somebody who believes they are ready for long term commitment i believe it's probably when you realize that you want the girl to be the mother of your children.
The thing is you don't ever really know until you've lived with them apparently. People don't get together intending to break up so you'll probably always get the tight chested feeling to beginning with with someone as you think their the one it doesn't mean your always going to right for each other. And that, folks, is your daily dose of depression 😊
I have experienced those feelings before, although they were always either towards a crush that I couldn't possibly be with, or at the beginning of a relationship when the initial stages of infatuation are kicking in. Which makes me wonder whether those flittering feelings are just that.

I think you really, truly know that you've found 'the one' after a certain amount of time being with that person, getting to know them and understanding their flaws and their virtues in equal measure. When we truly love someone we look them dead on and realise that they are perfect regardless of what they are.
Reply 17
There isn't such a thing as "the one". Relationships are hard work and takes effort from both sides to keep it going well. It's not uncommon to start neglecting one another after a while, at which point you step back, sit down and talk and move forward again. Many ups and downs.
Original post by claireestelle

This, but whether or not you are actually right in thinking they're "The One" is another matter entirely. :smile:
Ya just dont. Even if things fit so fking perfectly... like its almost destiny.. trust me. Dont catch too many feelings lol you'll get your heart crushed straight up.

Quick Reply

Latest