The Student Room Group

How do you know you've found the one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vicky628
I think it just comes with time, and love. That sounds like infatuation, once you get to know someone better, and spend time with them, things get even better!

Yeah for the moment I think it's infatuation! Here's hoping..
Reply 21
Original post by 1998RF
The thing is you don't ever really know until you've lived with them apparently. People don't get together intending to break up so you'll probably always get the tight chested feeling to beginning with with someone as you think their the one it doesn't mean your always going to right for each other. And that, folks, is your daily dose of depression 😊

Yeah I guess that's true..
Reply 22
Original post by Serine Soul
This song plays in your head :yes:

Year 7 memories :moon:

LJsVDH-3b3Y

Hahaha I used to listen to this when I was in first year (year 7) as well thought I was in love!
Reply 23
When they comfort you as you lie in their bed crying for an entire afternoon.

When they offer to make you tea or try to cheer you up when you feel rubbish.

When they accept your weird obsession with TSR.

When they accept you for who you are, but yet always encourage you to be the best that you can be.
Reply 24
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I have experienced those feelings before, although they were always either towards a crush that I couldn't possibly be with, or at the beginning of a relationship when the initial stages of infatuation are kicking in. Which makes me wonder whether those flittering feelings are just that.

I think you really, truly know that you've found 'the one' after a certain amount of time being with that person, getting to know them and understanding their flaws and their virtues in equal measure. When we truly love someone we look them dead on and realise that they are perfect regardless of what they are.

I agree 100% with you but it's like at first he wasn't receptive of me, he got into a relationship and then after that ended he's making an effort now and I can't help but feel like it's a "if it's yours it'll come back to you" kind of thing.
Reply 25
I feel all disgustingly romantic typing all that out. It's all true but still. Ew.
Reply 26
Original post by Someboady
Ya just dont. Even if things fit so fking perfectly... like its almost destiny.. trust me. Dont catch too many feelings lol you'll get your heart crushed straight up.

Right! I'm going mad just thinking about him with someone else!
Original post by MissOvoxo
Yeah for the moment I think it's infatuation! Here's hoping..

Just means the best is yet to come!
Right! I'm going mad just thinking about him with someone else!

Trust me I know the feels. Broke up with my ex about two months ago... I initially thought we were perfect together but then it was me putting more effort into it than her so I ended it. Now every other guy took it upon themselves to slide in knowing that she was single... Its killing me to think that she could say yes to any one of them. But meh I try and forget it knowing how much trouble she was for me... at the end of the day I was putting too much in and not getting enough out so I think I'm better off single or with someone who actually cares. Annnnd thats my rant finished. He's obviously not worth it. Don't waste yo time. Plenty of man fish in the sea.
Original post by claireestelle
I d describe it as feeling like you know you want to spend your whole life with them, share everything with them and plan a future together.

I'd agree with this :yep:

I think you also know when that same person is someone who always makes you happy, and who you're comfortable to be completely yourself around.
it when you consider dropping a thousand at cartier
thats when you know
Reply 31
Original post by Someboady
Trust me I know the feels. Broke up with my ex about two months ago... I initially thought we were perfect together but then it was me putting more effort into it than her so I ended it. Now every other guy took it upon themselves to slide in knowing that she was single... Its killing me to think that she could say yes to any one of them. But meh I try and forget it knowing how much trouble she was for me... at the end of the day I was putting too much in and not getting enough out so I think I'm better off single or with someone who actually cares. Annnnd thats my rant finished. He's obviously not worth it. Don't waste yo time. Plenty of man fish in the sea.

Thanks hun! Why stay in a relationship where you give 100% and get 50% back?Sorry about your experience but I guess it shows you what you deserve and what you don't! Too right! I'm happily going to go fishing now lol
Reply 32
Original post by jamesthehustler
it when you consider dropping a thousand at cartier
thats when you know

bling bling when you get that 3rd finger ring!
Reply 33
Original post by Vicky628
Just means the best is yet to come!

Thanks I think so too!
When you can bust a nut twice in only 1 night within an hour… if you can do that she's the one, she is the one.
bling bling when you get that 3rd finger ring!

you talking engagement
a thousand is an insult
that's good for a one year anniversary or birthday gift sure
but a man in my trade must give a £20,000 ring and that's tight fisted
i have to admit to admiring a rather particular ring 8.5ct total diamond weight for £35,000 as well as a truly grand 6ct solitaire for £250,000
When you wake up to dippy egg and soldiers and a nice fairtrade brew (shows they are kind to the peasants like me).
Reply 38
Watch How I Met Your Mother lol.

But seriously, there's no way to tell. But if you have to think about it, then there's a high chance she's not the one.

Quick Reply

Latest