The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure you'll find gangsters and racists wherever you go.
I haven't planned that far yet.
Reply 3
Rukmedes
I'm thinking about moving to Autralia or Canada, I like those kinda places. Any place without Gangstas or racists is good for me.

lol. i'm sure you'll find that australia and canada have exactly the same problems we have here. so many people talk about moving abroad when they're older but how many really do? :confused:

i've no idea where i'm going to be living after uni (2 years time) but i'd quite like to move (back) to london. :smile:

i've already had the "when you're 18 you're out the door!! :|" speech :biggrin:
Reply 4
Equatorial Guinea
Reply 5
Right here is as good as any other place.
Reply 6
Probably home again :frown:
Reply 7
Not this question again. Gah, why does everyone think the UK is so awful that you want to move to effing Australa, where everyone is so isolated your brain almost implodes from the introspection.
Segat1
Not this question again. Gah, why does everyone think the UK is so awful that you want to move to effing Australa, where everyone is so isolated your brain almost implodes from the introspection.

That feeling sounds familiar. Is that what Australia's really like? That's interesting.
Reply 9
I'll probably move back home after Uni. There's a chance I may move abroad to Denmark for a few years because I'm interested in being forced to learn a different language in everyday living. (However, I don't think my 'disposable income' stretches that far).

To be honest, moving elsewhere seems like a bad career move when I'm "older", so if I'm gonna do it, it will be straight after university.

Edit: My brother has just moved to Australia after getting a Visa and he doesn't find people isolated at all. He lives in Queensland (not sure of exact location) and is absolutely loving it out there and finds the people friendly and way of life very easy-going yet organised.
Reply 10
naivesincerity
That feeling sounds familiar. Is that what Australia's really like? That's interesting.
hello again. we've had this chat before. Seriously, if you think the UK is bad then....
The UK's OK in it's best places.
The grass is always greener... :p: (Which is exactly why I'm moving out of Finland.)
Reply 13
Yep. So is anyplace really.
Reply 14
I want to live in Tokyo because I think anime is cool.
No idea.
Reply 16
Queensland? Organised? :rofl:
Reply 17
Rukmedes
I'm thinking about moving to Autralia or Canada, I like those kinda places. Any place without Gangstas or racists is good for me.

Oh yes, Canada doesn't have racists or organised crime.

Please go back to your Michael Moore film.
Reply 18
I'm not sure yet will probably look for a place on my own or with a few friends. Won't be moving back home I don't think.
Reply 19
eastern europe. :smile:

Latest