The Student Room Group

Operation Black Vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
Do you have a source what contradicts this?

My point is playing up to stereotypes is acceptable one way but people defend it when it happens the other way

But which stereotype harms the stereotyped group more? Think about that.
Original post by NeoMarxist
By your logic, ethnic minorities and whites hold the same status in society. Reality is that there is a double standard because white people hold the power in their hands. If you deny that then you are most definitely either deeply in denial or just not educated enough to see outside the right wing bubble you're trapped in.

I don't live in the uk so maybe I'm wrong but I don't imagine some average working class white male would hold more 'power' than say Diane Abbott.
Original post by StrawbAri
I don't live in the uk so maybe I'm wrong but I don't imagine some average working class white male would hold more 'power' than say Diane Abbott.

The exception is not the rule. I was clearly making a generalisation, sorry if you failed to understand that. Next time I'll type underneath in a bold capitalised font "I AM MAKING A GENERALISATION". Also, take away the class factor and I wonder who would have more power...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 63
But which stereotype harms the stereotyped group more? Think about that.

Both stereotypes do the same thing, would you argue that murdering 1 person is allowed because someone has murdered 7?
EU is an anti-White Marxist regime

They call anti-EU Anti-European

When EUROPEANS ARE A PEOPLE and the EU wishes to destroy us

So the EU is anti-European

Diversity is democide of White populations, not non-White populations. Therefore for you to complain about racism when you support this, you should shut the **** up.
(edited 7 years ago)
EU is anti-White MARXIST regime

It is not pro-European but anti-European

Europeans as a PEOPLE not nationality

Its very easy for you come over here, make us foreigners in our ancestral homeland and then tell us how evil and racist we are..

But at the end of the day, if you aren't White, you can go Pakistan or wherever your ancestors came from. We can't.

Understand?
Both stereotypes do the same thing, would you argue that murdering 1 person is allowed because someone has murdered 7?

Capital punishment does that. But no, I don't agree and I'm unsure why you asked me that since it has nothing to do with what I said. A picture of a big aggressive white man is less damaging than a picture of a violent black thug. I don't agree with the poster and its message but you cannot compare the two and say its the same. A white individual is not effected by stereotypes the same as a coloured individual. If you disagree then I know you're just in denial.
Reply 67
Capital punishment does that. But no, I don't agree and I'm unsure why you asked me that since it has nothing to do with what I said. A picture of a big aggressive white man is less damaging than a picture of a violent black thug. I don't agree with the poster and its message but you cannot compare the two and say its the same. A white individual is not effected by stereotypes the same as a coloured individual. If you disagree then I know you're just in denial.

Good so you have just admitted you do not see white people and poc as equals
Good so you have just admitted you do not see white people and poc as equals

If that's what you got from what I said the God help you. I myself believe all humans should be treated equally despite their ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation but the reality is, it is not that way. So when people such as yourself try to turn the tables, it will not work because not everyone is equal in society.
Original post by Mathemagicien
They usually at least say black and minority ethnic (although blacks are also minority ethnic...), although they do almost always portray black people, without other races

E.g. this poster

But the Black Votes poster does the opposite... only refers to black people, yet portrays not a black person, but a woman of Southern Asian ancestry

How stupid do you think we are? That's clearly a fake picture. You can see it doesnt fit onto the edges - its clearly photoshop
Original post by lolatmaths
Theyre encouraging people to vote, not encouraging people to vote remain. And yes, ive seen such a trend too weirdly, you would assume minorities are more tolerant.

Immigrants should be the most afraid of immigrants.

They will actually come and take their jobs.
Original post by squish562
I don't quite get what the poster is supposed to show. Why does the white man appear to be shouting at the Asian woman? Are they trying to imply that minorities are being silenced and discriminated against? Because that is not true. Either way, everyone should make up their mind and vote!

So u saying racism is just a figment of my imagination?.....lmao

By your logic, ethnic minorities and whites hold the same status in society. Reality is that there is a double standard because white people hold the power in their hands. If you deny that then you are most definitely either deeply in denial or just not educated enough to see outside the right wing bubble you're trapped in.

What power do I as a white person have personally over any ethnic minority exactly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending