The Student Room Group

"Cruise ship forces transgender woman to use disabled toilet"

Scroll to see replies

Pathetic. If this person actually identified as their chosen gender, they wouldn't have an issue using a toilet marked "LADIES" as opposed to one with a little stick figure in a dress.

It's a good job I wasn't on that panel, I'd've laughed her out of the building.
Original post by Beat
It's not normal it's extreme psychological harm. What I am saying is the concept of being transgendered is NORMAL. Not the harm done because a person isn't accepted. I had to highlight that to make the point clear to you, because you obviously don't understand.
Y'what?

I've be very interested to see what your definition of "normal" is.
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
This, it's so backwards to assume that it's shameful or makes you less of a person to possess a mental disorder. Not to mention harmful for people who actually suffer with them

Exactly, plus throwing insults at and calling people intolerant for saying it's a mental disorder, is quite ironic. A bit intolerant of you to assume that calling it a mental disorder degrades transgender people.
Why doesn't she stop pretending to be disabled and get a job
Lets cater for the extreme minority, if you don't want to use the bloody male or female loo go into the disabled loo, if you are so angry about a picture on a door.
I'm loving the intolerance and bigotry on this thread:

"I disagree with your opinions therefore you are backward/intolerant/bigoted/hateful/transphobic etc"

The irony! "Progressive" leftists spouting these ad hominem attacks, please look up the definition of these words before you use them. Then you'll look a lot less stupid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Personally, I think they should go to the bathroom that corresponds to the sex they were born with. It would be uncomfortable if a man pretending to be a woman came into a female bathroom.
I'm confused.... why is a toilet with the female symbol on it somehow less offensive than the word "Ladies"?

If she's a woman, go and use the ladies toilets. No need to make a song and dance about it.
Original post by ivybridge
Disgusting. The person should be able to use the bathroom that accords with their legal sex, as would have most likely been declared and legally adapted. If not, I can understand the request.

Comments in this thread are ansolutely ludicrous - I cannot believe the extent to which some of you are so stuck in the past. The ignorance and bigotry is staggering.

Look up the definition of the words "ignorance" and "bigotry" and hopefully you will see the irony in your post.
The cruise ship was just taking precaution. I know this seems like discrimination but what if he wasn't a transgender? What if he was a sex offender or pervert who had the intention of taking indecent pictures or assaulting a lady in the bathroom? Would you rather having women assaulted or traumatized than to take any form of precaution and believe every "transgender" words? Recently a man who pretended to be trans named Jessica assaulted women in a women's shelter. I'm not saying transgenders are sexual predators who will assault people. You cannot allow a person into a different sex bathroom and expect it t go smoothly especially with perverts taking advantage of the acceptance of transgenders.

Does the possibility of assaulted or traumatized women/girls second to being political correct or "getting with the times"? Please do not misread this.

If he brought a note from a professional doctor stating he was transgender then people would have taken him seriously. Would you any of you take a tall man who obviously look like a man in dress seriously if he said he was woman and belonged in the lady bathroom?
What if was if someone you knew personally who was going to follow in the bathroom?
(edited 7 years ago)
That's really sad, and if I was her I would have been extremely upset and offended and I can't believe how -phobic everyone is!
Reply 51
Jesus Christ all this trans stuff is getting out of control.
You're born a man you are ipso facto a man and vice versa, not pandering to the PC clap trap isnt exactly screaming they should be shot?
If a man went to the toilette in the womens room and got his tackle out and then complained for being hurld out do you think hed get much sympathy?
Women raise legitimate concerns about men entering a ladies bathroom, hence I would say that if you look like a man, you should use the male toilets. On the simple level its only a toilet.

A sensible pragmatic choice, use the quieter disabled toilet. Mountains and molehills come to mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending