The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE English Literature Poetry/Drama Exam!

Is anyone doing War/Nature poems?? Do you have any idea what will come up?
Also is anyone doing Blood Brothers? My teacher was saying that the narrator has a good chance of coming up but is there any other questions that you'd would reckon may come up?
Reply 1
Hey! Im doing the exam tomorrow too! Apparently blackberry picking & wagtail and baby has a good chance of coming up! For blood brothers either Linda or Mrs Johnstone? Im so scared for it! Haha :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by ckeys
Hey! Im doing the exam tomorrow too! Apparently blackberry picking & wagtail and baby has a good chance of coming up! For blood brothers either Linda or Mrs Johnstone? Im so scared for it! Haha :frown:

Ah I think those poems are from Seamus Heaney And Thomas Hardy! I'm doing War and Nature and have no idea what will come up!! Good luck with the poetry!! I hope the unseen poem will be good:smile: Okay I'll have to read over them, if they'll come up it wouldn't be the worst I guess!
Reply 3
Ah okay!!! Good luck with yours too! Unseen will be the death of me but lets just hope it will be a short, brief poem haha! For blood brothers, character summaries with key quotes + themes really help me revise!
Reply 4
Original post by ckeys
Ah okay!!! Good luck with yours too! Unseen will be the death of me but lets just hope it will be a short, brief poem haha! For blood brothers, character summaries with key quotes + themes really help me revise!

Yeah hopefully it'll be short and straight forward!! Sometimes I can't even understand what the poem is talking about haha, if that happens in the exam I'll start to cry:smile: Oh thanks! Was kind of confused as to how do I revise but I'll just just do what you said! I really hope there will be a question that there would be loads to write about!!
Reply 5
Literally me! I may bring some tissues for my tears... honestly tho just thinking about it makes me so NERVOUS! I think for unseen you need a gameplan.. like first understand the poem and its basic meaning, then move on to the techniques, then try and interpret a more deeper meaning to impress the examiner!!! LOL and no problem! I think a character like Linda or Mrs Lyons / Johnstone would have loads to say! Did your english teacher make any predicions?
Reply 6
Original post by ckeys
Literally me! I may bring some tissues for my tears... honestly tho just thinking about it makes me so NERVOUS! I think for unseen you need a gameplan.. like first understand the poem and its basic meaning, then move on to the techniques, then try and interpret a more deeper meaning to impress the examiner!!! LOL and no problem! I think a character like Linda or Mrs Lyons / Johnstone would have loads to say! Did your english teacher make any predicions?

In the hall I'm going to freak out when I see that booklet:frown: Yeah that's good! I actually kind of forgot how to analyse an unseen poem but that was helpful reminder, thanks! The female characters in the book would be good! Just thinking about it I can make a good few points. I guess it may depend on the question?? But there isn't much you can ask?? The only prediction she made was the narrator because he has never came up. It's like what's his role in the play, it actually would be a good question if that came up because we went over him quite a bit haha!
I'm doing War and Nature! Are you going to learn all the poems, or just all war/ all nature?
I'm also doing an Inspector Calls though
For help on unseen poetry look up on youtube
Gcse unseen poetry
and there's some fab videos, I recommend Mr Bruff and Mr Salles Teaches English!
Reply 9
Original post by chloecam29
I'm doing War and Nature! Are you going to learn all the poems, or just all war/ all nature?

I'm reading over all of them! You?
Did your teacher make any predictions as to what will come up??
Reply 10
I'm also doing an Inspector Calls though
For help on unseen poetry look up on youtube
Gcse unseen poetry
and there's some fab videos, I recommend Mr Bruff and Mr Salles Teaches English!

I've seen a few videos relating to poetry! Not sure if I had watched them two before but I'll take a look later!:smile: Thanks!
Original post by Aleks4
I'm reading over all of them! You?
Did your teacher make any predictions as to what will come up??

I'm doing the same, but I'm going to closely focus in on war as it's easier to put in context imo! My teacher said maybe the badger or Attack- normally I go through each past paper and predict it, but I'm doing that for An Inspector Calls atm ahah! How about you?
Reply 12
I'm doing the same, but I'm going to closely focus in on war as it's easier to put in context imo! My teacher said maybe the badger or Attack- normally I go through each past paper and predict it, but I'm doing that for An Inspector Calls atm ahah! How about you?

I would actually be really happy if The Badger came up! In my opinion nature can be easier as it's more straight forward and I feel like you can write a lot about the poems! There's An Irish Airman Foresees His Death which is a really nice poem but it came up last year:frown: I do Blood Brothers! It isn't hard but I'm scared if a question comes up and I have only 2 or 3 points and that's it haha!
Original post by Aleks4
I would actually be really happy if The Badger came up! In my opinion nature can be easier as it's more straight forward and I feel like you can write a lot about the poems! There's An Irish Airman Foresees His Death which is a really nice poem but it came up last year:frown: I do Blood Brothers! It isn't hard but I'm scared if a question comes up and I have only 2 or 3 points and that's it haha!

Aw I never liked The Badger actually ahah I found it quite hard to write about! I did Blood Brothers for Drama, our exam was the other day! I know what you mean I'm the same
Reply 14
Aw I never liked The Badger actually ahah I found it quite hard to write about! I did Blood Brothers for Drama, our exam was the other day! I know what you mean I'm the same

would you like if Attack came up? I would probably thank ccea if A narrow fellow in the grass came up!! It's so simple and you could write so much about it! Idk if it came up recently but I would be so happy if that came up!! Yeah I'm just praying for a good question in the drama section haha! I'm more scared for Blood Brothers than poetry!
2018 Heaney and Hardy and Blood Brothers Predictions?
don't just revise your annotations. REVISE THEMES AND WHAT POEMS MATCH UP TO THEM TOO!!! that's my advice. Cause you could end up with a really bad theme essay for question 2a, and might have to go with 2b. If you don't know what poems go with what theme you'll end up losing all 40 marks!!! PLEASE!! DON'T!!! FORGET!!! THEMES!!!
hey im doing blood brothers my teacher said mickey has a high chance of coming up
Original post by Nathan_91
hey im doing blood brothers my teacher said mickey has a high chance of coming up

if that happened it would be a dream come true tbh... my teacher started going on saying a character question on Sammy or the narrator could come up and if that happened I would cry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending