The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waveyalex
I got 61 in paper 1 and 75 in paper 2 Wat grade would that be ??

Nothing is certain but a very strong B is most likely.
Original post by DrPeter
Nothing is certain but a very strong B is most likely.

How high do you think an A will be ?
How high do you think an A will be ?

It's all speculation. It was a very fair paper. You will not be far off and hopefully you will sneak in. It is surprising how marks add up in questions when you show working but do not get the final answer hence I would hope you will sneak a few more marks. Accept that you will get a B and if you get the A, you will feel great.

Good luck with all your grades !!
how many marks do I have to get to get an A grade for overall both papers out of 200.
Original post by mxskaan
70+ would be an comfortable A. I suppose it depends on your examiner, the whole point of that question was to mention bias and how it's a small sample as he is only asking his friends when he needs to ask people from all ages and backgrounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

70 on both papers combined would be a C not an A
do they add the marks of both papers together and then work out the ums or add the ums together?
Original post by hannahb9184
do they add the marks of both papers together and then work out the ums or add the ums together?

There is no ums in linear qualifications.
They add your raw marks together from the two papers and compare your total to the grade boundaries that they have decided in order to work out your grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahb9184
70 on both papers combined would be a C not an A

Yes that is correct. I was implying 70 on each paper which would total to 140.
I think I got 70 in paper 1 and 90 in paper 2... Would that be an A?
Original post by GCSEstudentt
I think I got 70 in paper 1 and 90 in paper 2... Would that be an A?

Definitely an A, and it could be an A* depending on the grade boundaries. Good luck!
Original post by TheDragonGuy
Definitely an A, and it could be an A* depending on the grade boundaries. Good luck!

wat grade would 60 in paper 1 and 74 in paper 2 be ?
wat grade would 60 in paper 1 and 74 in paper 2 be ?

Probably an A but not definitely. You'll have to wait and see on results day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheDragonGuy

Hopefully an A*! Thank you :smile:
Do you get a mark if you went clockwise by mistake in question 3.
Guys, if I got 160/200 what would that be?? Last year wasnt an a* 155?
Original post by amanii_ox
Guys, if I got 160/200 what would that be?? Last year wasnt an a* 155?

That's really close to the A/A* border. If I was to take a guess, it would be an A, as last years paper was harder so the boundaries are likely to go up. However you're so close to the border that you can't know for sure until you get your results. Good luck!
Do you get a mark if you went clockwise by mistake in question 3 & if you use a correct formula but get the wrong answer?
Guys I got 59 in paper 1 and 74 in paper 2 Wat grade is this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I got 59 in paper 1 and 74 in paper 2 Wat grade is this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either a super super high B or a very very low A! Hopefully you scrape into that A grade!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Denz123
Do you get a mark if you went clockwise by mistake in question 3 & if you use a correct formula but get the wrong answer?

I think you'll get all the marks for question 3 except for one if you've done the rest correctly? And yup you'll get marks for the correct formula but not the answer mark :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending