The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Question 7, about the girl (Kirsty I think her name was) who wanted to paint varnish on her floor but didn't know if she had enough, was the answer that she didn't had enough? Because I worked it out to her having 50m^2 of floor to cover, which meant she needed 10 litres of varnish (I think?) as 1l covered 5m^2. But she only had 7.5l as she had three tins of 2.5l so she would have needed another tin to cover the floor. Was this correct?
Original post by Nooooooooo
Would I get the marks if I factorised it? For the envelope question?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Original post by Lewis__F
On the right side of the triangle not the actual base of the triangle though right?

Yes it was the side most on the right( which was a nearly horizontal line) to the tangent (which was 69*)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chamathil
the answer is 0.04

I'm pretty sure it is 0.76.
It asked for the probability of it not raining and the match not being cancelled.
Original post by #1Mathlete
Doubt you need to factorise it mark scheme will probs say 100-25TT oe (or equivalent)

ok thanks, I hope so
Reply 545
Anyone know what grade they think 80/100 will be?
Original post by AriellaM
Question 7, about the girl (Kirsty I think her name was) who wanted to paint varnish on her floor but didn't know if she had enough, was the answer that she didn't had enough? Because I worked it out to her having 50m^2 of floor to cover, which meant she needed 10 litres of varnish (I think?) as 1l covered 5m^2. But she only had 7.5l as she had three tins of 2.5l so she would have needed another tin to cover the floor. Was this correct?

Yes. That is correct.
But she was called Angie haha

yeah she needed 1 more tin of 2.5l
Original post by Bethanywaltonsjp
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It is the exact same thing though

Yes, in total she would need 4 tins, however you didn't need to state that.
Original post by Aol1

High A or borderline A*
Taking in account how easy the exam was I'd say Solid A however with the calculator exam you can push it up to an A* if u do it good
Original post by mrpaper
Yeah, you had to do 1 - 4 = -3 and 2.5 - 4.5 = -2
(-3, -2)

yass i got that !!!
How many marks was the question of x^2=4(x-3)^2 Which the answer was x=2, x=6 ???
Original post by Aol1

Last June was 79 for A* but in November it was 83, so you're high A if not A*
Reply 554
Any help needed private message mw

Posted from TSR Mobile
what would 53/100 be?
was the second part to question 12 a triangle with construction lines and for part a, was it a line down the middle?
Original post by gcseexamz
Yes. That is correct.
But she was called Angie haha

Oh aha whoops I remember now, don't know where I got Kirsty from. But cool, thanks :smile:
3b)teacher asks students to do a questionnaire, why might the sample be bad?

A: biased, due to same age range??- not 100%
Original post by moononthetides
what would 53/100 be?

Not A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending