The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Al111uz
Work out how much money the rent cost in pounds by finding 30% of 800, increase this value by 20%, then use this as a fraction (I think it was 288/800). Divide top and bottom by 8 to get 36/100, which is 36%

yes i remember now thank you
Original post by Jesnazzy
That's way too high! a B will probably be around 48 not a C!

I disagree, relatively speaking I think it was much easier than other past papers in recent years.
Original post by Undec
Solving simultaneous equations graphically

-6,2 ???
Original post by penelopecrux
Hi, u know for the maths class question I said it's not representative of the whole population, would u still get the mark? And also I think u missed out the spinner question, the one where the guy spun it 300times, I said the answer is 60. :smile:

Would still get the mark, yes. I have now included the spinner question, thanks.
anyone explain how they done the fraction questions please?
Reply 1005
Where are predictions for the calculator paper taking these questions into consideration??
If I got around 70-80 what will I need for an A* in the next paper :frown: think i got about 82 if im lûcky
I thought for question 16 it would have to be 0.7 X 10^9 as standard form has to be as a decimal doesn't it?
Original post by LogicalFallacy
I believe this is right. Can I use it in the main post please?

Yes you may permission granted thanks for asking first.
Original post by archiiii
Its the percentage and that rent question

I did not sit the paper - I will need the question information to be able to give you an answer.
I got 72 for the Circle Theorems one, and Root3 - Root2 for the last one. All in all a very good paper, one of the easiest I've ever done, reckon I got about 90 odd marks. Max I lost 10 marks.
What do you think about the reason that his class Is not suitable being that his class will not be proportionate to the population e.g. Only teenagers meaning they may buy more/less crisps than the average?
For the fractions question what was the initial question, and if you didn't cancel one of the fractions down do u loose marks?
If you have rotated anticlockwise instead of clockwise would that get you 1 mark at least but around the right centre of rotation?
Original post by Cookies15
What would 68/100 be grade wise?

Probably (hopefully) Just an A :tongue:
Original post by Nooooooooo
3 marks for q1 I think

Definitely?
Original post by nadiakms
an A

Defo an A grade in the range of 59-70/100
Original post by Jagraj16
I got 72 for the Circle Theorems one, and Root3 - Root2 for the last one. All in all a very good paper, one of the easiest I've ever done, reckon I got about 90 odd marks. Max I lost 10 marks.

Circle was 69 and the last question was (3 - √6)/12. Although wrong, you didn't even rationalise the dominator of √3/√2. What are you a savage?
(edited 7 years ago)
its never been higher than 69 for an a, so i dont see why all of a sudden the grade boundaries would be 78 for an a???
Also, last year was 63 for an a so why would the grade boundary for an a suddenly jump up ten or fifteen marks?
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for foundation tier??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending