The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Living in Scottish Boarders campus

Hello there! I'm starting Fashion Technology course in September in HW uni. I am wondering how life is in general in Galashiels. Any opinions or remarks? :smile:
Original post by juliettumanowicz
Hello there! I'm starting Fashion Technology course in September in HW uni. I am wondering how life is in general in Galashiels. Any opinions or remarks? :smile:

Hi Julie,

I was hoping that one of our students would come back to you on here. Full disclosure, I don't live in Galashiels, I actually work at the Edinburgh Campus. In saying that I do go down to Galashiels a few times a year and every time I speak to our students down there they seem to really enjoy their experience. Cost of living is certainly cheaper in the borders than in the city.

The one thing that comes up time and time again when I head down there and speak to students is that everyone is in the same mindset. Everyone is studying either a Fashion course or a Textiles course, this means everyone has an interest in the fashion industry.

Hopefully a student will come in on this as well but if not I hope this has helped.
Cheers,
Keir :smile:
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest