The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aquaxo
Been stalking this thread for a while but now it is probably time to come out of denial and accept that Results Day is so close!

How are people going to approach remarks with the new changes that have come in? If you are a mark or two away from a boundary in an essay subject, is there any point applying for a review?

I would probably still go for it anyways but Yh chances are they're just gonna give you the same grade back -_-
Original post by marioman
This is just speculation on my part, but I expect that in questions that are marked by 'levels' based marking, then the mark will only be changed in a remark if the underlying level is also changed.

Yeh that seems quite likely actually I just admit cause then it will be easy for the examiner to say when they would've got about X make anyways but oh it's in the same region so I'll leave it as is ! :/
Reply 2382
Original post by fefssdf
Ah god really... I'm literally gonna die if that's the case .. I guess I didn't look over them properly . Now I'm hoping I miss my offer lol :/

Well the modules are listed here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/mathematicalsciences/mathematics.aspx
Most maths degrees have physics in them because they have to.
Original post by Aph
Well the modules are listed here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/mathematicalsciences/mathematics.aspx
Most maths degrees have physics in them because they have to.

Thankful you just have to pass first year meaning I could just mess up the physics modules cause I know I'm gonna struggle a LOT but if physics is compulsory for year 2 and beyond then I'm gonna get worried .... I need to seriously check out those modules lol
Reply 2384
Original post by fefssdf
Thankful you just have to pass first year meaning I could just mess up the physics modules cause I know I'm gonna struggle a LOT but if physics is compulsory for year 2 and beyond then I'm gonna get worried .... I need to seriously check out those modules lol

There was compulsory physics in year 2, there isn't in York... Unless I missed it.
Original post by Aph
There was compulsory physics in year 2, there isn't in York... Unless I missed it.

Wow now I'm panicking . I cannot even handle m1 like I didn't understand even the most basic physics stuff with the particles on planes so if there's physics modules I'm just gonna flop so badly ... I'm actually panicking now like I obviously didn't check the modules properly -_- I think if it is that bad then I might consider going to my insurance instead but think they do lots of physics as well.... I guess I'll have to suck it up and if it is that bad I could always move unis for second year or even swap courses
Reply 2386
Original post by fefssdf
Wow now I'm panicking . I cannot even handle m1 like I didn't understand even the most basic physics stuff with the particles on planes so if there's physics modules I'm just gonna flop so badly ... I'm actually panicking now like I obviously didn't check the modules properly -_- I think if it is that bad then I might consider going to my insurance instead but think they do lots of physics as well.... I guess I'll have to suck it up and if it is that bad I could always move unis for second year or even swap courses

You will always find that there are modules which people don't like. But you can work together and help eachother out :smile: but yeah, I think you'll find that in the first 2 years of any maths degree you.l find physics.
Original post by Aph
You will always find that there are modules which people don't like. But you can work together and help eachother out :smile: but yeah, I think you'll find that in the first 2 years of any maths degree you.l find physics.

Should've applied for psychology lol
My Birthday is after an hour and I am not excited because I am that scared about Results day, ugh man! :frown:
Reply 2389
Original post by fefssdf
Should've applied for psychology lol

I'm sure you'll be fine!!! Everyone has a weaker topic. Do remember that the second year counts less than the third!!!
Original post by PlayerBB
My Birthday is after an hour and I am not excited because I am that scared about Results day, ugh man! :frown:

Happy Birthday!!!!!( just incase I forget in an hour)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
I'm sure you'll be fine!!! Everyone has a weaker topic. Do remember that the second year counts less than the third!!!

Haha Yh but with me if I am flipping one topic I will find it hard not to just give up like idk
Original post by HFancy1997
Happy Birthday!!!!!( just incase I forget in an hour)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww Thank youu :h:
Reply 2393
Original post by fefssdf
Haha Yh but with me if I am flipping one topic I will find it hard not to just give up like idk

Maybe it will make more sense in uni? Sometimes when re-learning something it can suddenly make a lot of sense because you know it all subcontously and your brain has had time to process it.
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I hope the changes to remarks mean examiners are more lenient in giving us the benefit of the doubt marks first time round so less people need remarks, but I doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I doubt it as well really like at the end of the day they don't know who is gonna be 1ums getting into uni so they're just gonna carry on marking as they did last year
Original post by Aph
Maybe it will make more sense in uni? Sometimes when re-learning something it can suddenly make a lot of sense because you know it all subcontously and your brain has had time to process it.

Thanks for the reassurance
Reply 2396
Original post by fefssdf
Thanks for the reassurance

:hugs:

Can't rep post //
Reply 2398
Original post by fefssdf
Can't rep post //

It's the thought that counts :h:
Original post by Aph
It's the thought that counts :h: